x

Invoice includes deposit, customer wants to pay entire amount

The majority of my invoices include a deposit as a retainer for services, but some clients want to pay the full balance up front and the email they've received doesn't give them the option. I then have to go back into the invoice and cancel the deposit request and send them a new email to give them the option to pay the full balance. 

Is there a way that I can send the invoice that they'll have the option to pay the deposit or the full balance?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hey @EF2021 

I don't believe that there is an option for this, Since when you send the original invoice you are setting the terms (due dates) for the remainder of the balance after the initial deposit request.

The only thing I can think of would be to 

A) Speak with the customer beforehand and to let them know your normal work flow, and ask if if they would like to pay the full balance now or the "normal' way with deposit and balance due.

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Dan, 

Thank you for your quick response. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

You're welcome.  IF i happen to come across a method later on, (maybe in a future update) or a different' work around I'll be sure to let you know. 

Cheers

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 4 of 5

(I just found the Ideate area, please ignore this reply but keep it for archival purposes so others know they aren't alone in this need)

Please tell us how to push this question to the development team for an added feature. We, the seller, could have a simple checkbox that says "allow invoice to be paid in full" so the customers don't have to enter their information twice. The customer side could have options, also as a triggering checkbox. [ ] Pay Deposit [ ] Pay in Full. Today my customer was able to pay deposit and remaining, but had to go into the invoice and enter everything all over again. Multiple payments to the same thing can trigger fraud pauses at some banks. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5