x

Invoices - Payment Options

Is it at all possible to have other payment options within Invoicing other than Credit/Debit Card at 2.5% or Gift Card?
I would like to add Cash, Bank Transfer and Card Payment in Person to that list.  That way when I have a customer coming to collect an order/repair, I can force them to pay one of these ways instead of attracting higher fees.

Thanks, Phil

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@pbarnfield you can close out an invoice on any of the Square POS apps or devices with a card/cash/giftcard/other payment. 

I put BACS details in the notes section, but most of my invoiced customers pay by card as it's easy for them. It's also easy for me, & the 0.75% difference in fees isn't one I'm going to loose sleep over. 

If you don't want them to to be able to pay online, it could be worth exploring the estimates feature & see if that will do what you want without the payment option. 

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

@pbarnfield you can close out an invoice on any of the Square POS apps or devices with a card/cash/giftcard/other payment. 

I put BACS details in the notes section, but most of my invoiced customers pay by card as it's easy for them. It's also easy for me, & the 0.75% difference in fees isn't one I'm going to loose sleep over. 

If you don't want them to to be able to pay online, it could be worth exploring the estimates feature & see if that will do what you want without the payment option. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 5

Yes I also do this with Bacs details etc.  I don't usually mind, but when you start dealing with ยฃ1000 orders it's cutting into existing tight margins.

When you prepare an invoice you get this screen - often I share manually, so they never get a copy until it's been paid for, but I can see there being a use for adding these options in - or at least allowing the invoice to be shared with NO PAYMENT options.  That way they have to bacs or pay in person.  If you untick the option, it won't allow it.  Shame.

Annotation 2020-09-03 121142.png

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Look at the invoice system a little differently, itโ€™s a free tool provided by our card processor to support us taking payments with them. 

The hard truth is that 2.5% is what goes to creating the pos software, hosting, staff etc. 

If you think the invoicing system is good & want to use it, then Iโ€™d say suck up the costs. If itโ€™s not useful enough to you for the cost, then there are loads of alternatives that could be worth looking at. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 5

Totally, I do agree with you there.  Certainly makes it worth it to a degree. 

I'm sure Square make plenty of money though from standard processing fees and MOTO fees are generally higher even with dedicated terminals (which I used to have prior to closing my 10 year old retail store).  I also use Quickbooks so can look to invoice larger sums via that, but really want to keep all my records in one place if possible.

๐Ÿ‘

Message 5 of 5