x

Is Setting UP Multiple Square Accounts in Different Countries Necessary?

Hello,

We are a traveling business and currently have a US Square Account with Card Readers (purchased in the US) connected to our US Bank Account. 

For Canada, I just opened a Canadian Square Account connected to our Canadian Account.  

My questions are:

1. Can I use the same Card Readers (that were purchased in the US) in Canada providing that we sign into our Canadian Square Account OR do I have to buy new Card Readers in Canada? 

2. We are traveling to several countries next (France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, and the UK). Do we need to create new Square Accounts for each Country that Square Operate In?  And if so...

(a) Will we need new Card Readers for every Country? 

(b) Will we need a bank account to link to in every Country? 

(c) Other than US + Canada, which other countries does Square operate in?

(d) Is there a way to export our product information from one account to another without having to create all our products again from scratch? 

3. Is there a way to unify the information (particularly sales reporting information) from all our accounts to one MAIN PRIMARY account (ie. Our US Account)?   

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Allan

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi, Allan! Thanks for reaching out. The short answer to your questions is that if you plan on travelling a lot, you will need to have a separate account for each Country, but in order to do that, you will also need to have an address and bank account in that country, at a bare minimum. Other countries require more information (for example, a US account requires an SSN as well). I know you already know this, but it's important to remember that each country's account will need to be completely separate and have different information. 

I will also try to answer all your questions below:

1. Can I use the same Card Readers (that were purchased in the US) in Canada providing that we sign into our Canadian Square Account OR do I have to buy new Card Readers in Canada? You will need separate card readers for each country

2. We are traveling to several countries next (France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, and the UK). Do we need to create new Square Accounts for each Country that Square Operate In?  And if so...

(a) Will we need new Card Readers for every Country?  You will need card readers for every country, but we currently do not operate in France, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Norway, or the Netherlands. You will need to find a separate credit card processor for those countries. 

(b) Will we need a bank account to link to in every Country? Yes

(c) Other than US + Canada, which other countries does Square operate in? We operate in the United Kingdom, Japan, and Australia. 

(d) Is there a way to export our product information from one account to another without having to create all our products again from scratch? You can export your item library and your customer directory via CSV and import them to your other accounts, but keep in mind that while I have knowledge of CA and US accounts, I cannot promise that other countries will have the exact same CSV formats that we do (though I have a strong feeling they do).

3. Is there a way to unify the information (particularly sales reporting information) from all our accounts to one MAIN PRIMARY account (ie. Our US Account)? That is currently not allowed or possible. Each account will be completely separate from each other with separate bank accounts and sales reporting.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.  Although I'm disappointed with some of the answers with regards to our needs, your answers were informative and helpful in determining what our options are.  Thanks again! 

Message 3 of 3