x

Is it possible to accept PayPal on our Square Online store?

Accepting health savings cards possible?

Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

with the launch of the new Square online stores, it is possible to accept PayPal payment on tier 3 and 4 of the online store levels of service.

https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Tammy_Wayne_Woo and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing one where one of our Super Sellers went over how to add PayPal to your Online Store.

Note: Paypal requires you upgrade your Square Online site.

With Paypal, you will have access to a more global customer-base, allowing a wider range of people to purchase from your website where their cards may not be accepted. To start, you’ll need a Paypal Business account. If you don’t already have one, convert your personal Paypal account to a Business account, or sign up for a new Paypal Business account.

To set up Paypal with Square Online:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page > Settings > Checkout.

2. Under Paypal, select Connect, and log in to your Paypal account to authorize the connection.

ashc_0-1607432526800.png

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

You can't have a PayPal addon on your Square hosted site (the whole competing business thing...), but as for HSA cards, you should be able to accept them.

From the Accepted Cards Help Page...

Accept HSA and FSA Cards

Licensed health care providers and pharmacies can process Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) cards with Square. We don’t currently support EBT or other benefits cards.

If you are a healthcare provider and you selected the Medical Practitioner, Medical Services, or Dentistry business category during the signup process, you should have no trouble accepting HSA or FSA cards. If you believe your business category needs to be updated, contact us.

Note: Daycare centers and childcare services are unable to accept HSA and FSA cards through Square at this time.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

with the launch of the new Square online stores, it is possible to accept PayPal payment on tier 3 and 4 of the online store levels of service.

https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

I didn't see that as an option on the new Online Store site until you mentioned it here, @VanKalkerFarms! Good eye! 🙂

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 7

I am trying to add paypal in four to my weebly website.  Need help

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Tammy_Wayne_Woo and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing one where one of our Super Sellers went over how to add PayPal to your Online Store.

Note: Paypal requires you upgrade your Square Online site.

With Paypal, you will have access to a more global customer-base, allowing a wider range of people to purchase from your website where their cards may not be accepted. To start, you’ll need a Paypal Business account. If you don’t already have one, convert your personal Paypal account to a Business account, or sign up for a new Paypal Business account.

To set up Paypal with Square Online:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page > Settings > Checkout.

2. Under Paypal, select Connect, and log in to your Paypal account to authorize the connection.

ashc_0-1607432526800.png

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

PayPal attempts to unlawfully contract and force their authority to accept and contract for payment. I had a client use their paypal visa in which paypal data mined an old email and paypal account and applied toward that account refusing to pay through square. Understanding Constitutional contract this is a criminal trespass as my PMA Private Membership Association has free ability to contract and accept transaction remedy all rights reserved without prejudice. I refused to contract and customer service has zero ability to change the fraud committed against you..  Do not do business with PayPal

Message 7 of 7