x

Is it possible to add different shipping rates to different items?

I have some items that can ship as a letter but some that would cost far more. Can I charge different rates? I cannot see how, some of the threads I read seemed like they were for the old version and not applicable. I went back and changed to flat rate but when I did a test checkout, I wasn't charged shipping for anything. 

I'm probably best to go by weight? I guess I'll get started weighing everything... Of course, every thing I sell is different! 

But why is no shipping rate applying? What am I not seeing?? Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Beta Member

Yes, I would like to know the same information. I'm looking into

purchasing a scale for weighing my products. Any one know the answer? 

Message 2 of 15
Alumni

@fallingstarfarm - Weebly offers a Real Time Shipping Calculator so your customers are charged accurate rates based on certain criteria automatically, but that feature requires upgrading to the premium version

If you don't want to pay, then charging by weight as you mentioned is the best route to take.

@AuntySabrina - as for the scale, are you looking to weigh your items for shipping or are you looking for a compatible one to connect to your POS device? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

JustinC, I was thinking of getting a scale to weigh products to determine shipping. 

At the moment I am going with flat rate shipping for everything, Once things take off I will upgrade from the free package and offer real time rates. 

Message 4 of 15
Alumni

Gotcha. Whenever you choose to charge shipping by weight, any scale will do! @AuntySabrina

Justin
Message 5 of 15

My shipping charges are NOT flat rate - packages are assembled then weighed and the current Post Office rate is determined - this is what needs to be charged - it will seldom be the same for each order. How do I create a line-item in an invoice (that I would call 'postage') that I can manually put in the amount of for each invoice?

Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

It looks like various flat rate shipping rates can't be applied to different items in a store, correct? Is there a way to apply different shipping rates to different online stores?

Message 7 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ellentk,

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered. 

There's not a multi-site option with the Square Online Store at this time to be able to offer those different shipping rates per item.

Ashley C
Message 8 of 15

Please advise 

I have items in my store that differ in postage rates yet I can only offer a flat rate for everything. 

How do I amend this?

Message 9 of 15

Hey @PARKSIDEMATT,

I moved your post to the existing thread for this question.

Please read through the thread above for details.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 15

Hello, I'm just setting up my online store via Weebly. Does anyone know how to assign different shipping charges to different items? For instance, I sell t-shirts and stickers in my online store. Shipping for stickers is $.55 and shipping for shirts is $5. I can't find a way to differentiate that - people purchasing one sticker are having to pay the same shipping cost as someone purchasing a shirt. 

Thanks so much!

Message 11 of 15

Hi @jessikora!

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered.

At this time there's not a way to make different shipping costs for different items as it is one flat rate.

Ashley C
Message 12 of 15

Also looking for product shipping price groups.   But I would also like to limit shipping methods per product group too -- we sell wine, and wine cannot be shipped through USPS, but the t-shirt can.  I have to use a different online store system to be able to do this -- I would MUCH prefer that everything be the same.   The other store system allows products to be assigned to groups and those groups have different shipping options.  

Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

Yeah, this is the issue. We're mailing first class letters for gift cards and stickers (we use our own system) and flat rate is $7 so this is counter productive.

Message 14 of 15

Ah, thanks for clarifying that @ellentk - this makes sense. I apologize that the above listed workarounds are not a solution for you.

We hope to be able to bounce back and update everyone here with some positive news about this feature soon. Thanks for hanging tough!

Joe
Message 15 of 15