x
Highlighted

Is it possible to add different shipping rates to different items?

I have some items that can ship as a letter but some that would cost far more. Can I charge different rates? I cannot see how, some of the threads I read seemed like they were for the old version and not applicable. I went back and changed to flat rate but when I did a test checkout, I wasn't charged shipping for anything. 

I'm probably best to go by weight? I guess I'll get started weighing everything... Of course, every thing I sell is different! 

But why is no shipping rate applying? What am I not seeing?? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to add different shipping rates to different items?

Yes, I would like to know the same information. I'm looking into

purchasing a scale for weighing my products. Any one know the answer? 

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

@fallingstarfarm - Weebly offers a Real Time Shipping Calculator so your customers are charged accurate rates based on certain criteria automatically, but that feature requires upgrading to the premium version

If you don't want to pay, then charging by weight as you mentioned is the best route to take.

@AuntySabrina - as for the scale, are you looking to weigh your items for shipping or are you looking for a compatible one to connect to your POS device? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

JustinC, I was thinking of getting a scale to weigh products to determine shipping. 

At the moment I am going with flat rate shipping for everything, Once things take off I will upgrade from the free package and offer real time rates. 

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Gotcha. Whenever you choose to charge shipping by weight, any scale will do! @AuntySabrina

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Adding a variable shipping charge

My shipping charges are NOT flat rate - packages are assembled then weighed and the current Post Office rate is determined - this is what needs to be charged - it will seldom be the same for each order. How do I create a line-item in an invoice (that I would call 'postage') that I can manually put in the amount of for each invoice?

Message 6 of 6