x
Highlighted
fotobella

Is it possible to automatically apply discounts to items when thresholds are met?

We are having a warehouse sale and we have some items that are $4 or 3 for $10. Is there a way to automatically apply discounts? It is very hectic during these sales and I can't expect the cashiers to remember every promotion. 

If not looks like I have to go back to my cart's POS, which isn't as user friendly, but seems to be more functional :(

Message 1 of 4
3 Replies
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: Is is possible to automatically apply discounts to items when thresholds are met?

There is not currently an option to do this.

The best way currently is to set up multiple price points and the cashier would have to select the right price based on the items purchased.  for your example setup the item with a $4 price point and a $3.33 price point.

This has been talked about many times here and is a definite feature that should be added.  Hopefully, in one of the APP updates we will see it, until then we have to use workarounds.

Message 2 of 4
fotobella

Re: Is is possible to automatically apply discounts to items when thresholds are met?

Thanks for responding! Our sale was Dec. 10th. We ended up using our cart's POS. Maybe by the time we have our annual sale next year, this will be available :) 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

This is definitely a feature that is highly requested and also one that our Product Team is actively tracking. The method that @VanKalkerFarms suggested is commonly used by sellers needing this functionality. 

Check out this existing feature for a few work arounds as well: Does Square offer conditional, criteria, or quantity based discounts?

Message 4 of 4