x

Is it possible to create a client account a day after a sale? I can't see their email to thank them.

I forgot to create a new client account for one of my sales this past weekend.  I am sitting down to send out thank you emails and realize I have no information for one of my transactions.  Is it possible to see their name and email so I may thank them for their support?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

@ConstanceWC

Yes, in your dashboard online, go to the transaction and you should see their name.  I think there is a drop down to edit.

There I have entered their address if I had it because I was delivering to them, or any special notes in the note section.

You can also tag them for groups you have created

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I do see the client's name here but I still do not see their email address.  Do you know where I might find that?

Message 3 of 8
Square Champion

Unfortunately that information isn't available to you if you entered their email address for the receipts to be delivered to.

you need to get that separately if you want to retain information about the client.

Message 4 of 8

Darn, I am new to this and so excited about the sale I forgot this step....but now I will never forget it again. Thanks again for your help, you've been great!

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

At least on my tablet version of Square, I can add the customer name and address if needed right at the register.  Do a mock sale for yourself to see when it comes up that it allows you to add one.

I sometimes ask what town they are from just to get a better idea of those from my county that travel to all the shows.

I also tell them why I'm asking, saying it helps me know which shows to do should I be invited to a new show in a town I may not have done before.

Message 6 of 8

These are all great ideas, thanks! For other sales I created a client account right then and asked the client to enter their name and email address, that way I know the spelling is correct. One client even gave me her phone number and told me where she is from which is nice.  The sale in question was early in the morning and I was not on top of it yet. Live and learn I guess.

Thanks again for your suggestions, I will definitely put them to use!

Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

I've been not on top of it too early in the morning, or last sale on a Sunday end of a 2 day long show 🙂

For me anyway, I know all the spelling of the towns in my County, and most of them in the 2 surrounding counties, so I just concentrate on getting the street address and zip code correct

Message 8 of 8