x

Label Printing: Scan and Print Barcode Labels

Beta Member

Label Printing: Scan and Print Barcode Labels

We are a retailer that has over 6,000 SKUs. We have asked for some time if there is an option that can be incorporated into the POS that would allow for us to "Scan and Print". With tons of new items coming in every week, we would love a better option to print out shelf labels, with the easiest option being to scan the new item and print immediately. 

THANKS! 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can Square generate SKU numbers?

Hello @GlacierLandings, welcome to the Seller Community! 

This is a great question I'm sure other businesses have. While Square doesn't have a way to auto generate SKU's Shopventory does! Once your products are entered into Shopventory you can run a task where the software will generate a SKU for any item without an assigned SKU. 

I hope this helps! 

103 Comments

Could you tell me how you were able to connect the Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo to your Square POS for printing barcode labels.  There isn't  a lot of documentation out there....or if there is, it is lost amongst the massive amount of junk out there.

Alumni

Hey @swellman - What specific issues are you running into when attempting to set your Dymo printer up? Someone may be able to chime in if they've run into a similar issue as you.

I have finally gotten my items imported to my POS. All items have a UPC. How do I now create a barcode to print for my stickers?

Super Seller Alumni

As far as I can tell, Square for Retail is the only facility that allows you to print bar codes from Square.  Here's a link to their Retail page for your reference.

We've never had a POS system in our retail shop before and have Square POS now. Bought a Dymo LabelWriter450 and need to generate barcodes for our merchandise, 80% of which is handmade art so there's no previous barcode. If I have Dymo create barcodes, how do I import those codes into Square?

Square Community Moderator

Hey!! Thanks for posting. 🙂 I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help answer your question. We do have a process for sellers to generate barcodes, but it's through our Square for Retail subscription. You get more with the subscription like detailed inventory reporting and tracking as well so it may be a good fit! 

Check out the links in Kelly's post and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

I am a current square customer looking to update to square for retail to be able to use inventory function and add a scanner for faster checkout.  I have read several threads saying a barcode generator isn’t available yet.  Are you planning to add and if so, when do you think it will be ready?   Many of our clothing items come in without barcodes and I believe it would be time consuming to have to make up for all these items.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Farmers104 and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread that contains a link to our Support Center on how to generate barcodes with our Square for Retail app. 

Check out @Tom 's best answer above. 

Admin

Hey everyone! 🌸

Yes! That's a feature that comes with a Square for Retail subscription. 

You can learn more about it here

[Updated by Moderator on October 13th, 2020]

Beta Member

Any more luck with this?  We could really use an auto-generator.   Would be really nice if Square for Retail had this built-in.  The amount of "per month" subscriptions one can add-on is getting a bit ridiculous these days. 

Thanks!