x
Highlighted

Is it possible to generate barcodes using Square? If so, how is it done?

We recently starting using Square POS for our pop-up sales and have since switched from Stripe to Square as our main payment gateway for our WooCommerce site.

I would like to generate barcodes to attach directly to products or to packaging at the request of a retailer who would like to sell our products and I'm curious is this is possible using Square?

Appreciate the help.

Fifth & Vermouth Team

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Is it possible to generate barcodes using Square? If so, how is it done?

👋Hi @Worban, welcome to the seller community!

Yes—you can with Square for Retail which you can try free for 30 days. For step-by-steps, have a look at this article: Create and Print Bar Code Labels with Square for Retail.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Please don't hesitate to let me know if any other questions come up.

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

What do I use to generate barcodes for Square POS?

We've never had a POS system in our retail shop before and have Square POS now. Bought a Dymo LabelWriter450 and need to generate barcodes for our merchandise, 80% of which is handmade art so there's no previous barcode. If I have Dymo create barcodes, how do I import those codes into Square?

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Re: What do I use to generate barcodes for Square POS?

Hey!! Thanks for posting. 🙂 I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help answer your question. We do have a process for sellers to generate barcodes, but it's through our Square for Retail subscription. You get more with the subscription like detailed inventory reporting and tracking as well so it may be a good fit! 

Check out the links in Kelly's post and please let me know if you have any other questions. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Barcode generators

I am a current square customer looking to update to square for retail to be able to use inventory function and add a scanner for faster checkout.  I have read several threads saying a barcode generator isn’t available yet.  Are you planning to add and if so, when do you think it will be ready?   Many of our clothing items come in without barcodes and I believe it would be time consuming to have to make up for all these items.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Barcode generators

Hey @Farmers104 and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread that contains a link to our Support Center on how to generate barcodes with our Square for Retail app. 

Check out @Tom 's best answer above. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6