x

Is it possible to have multiple customers book an appointment at the same time?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How do I make it to where there can be multiple appointments at the same time?

I am looking to learn how to make it possible to have multiple customers book an appointment at the same time.

Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to the Seller Community, @JodiDreamcatche 👋 

I've moved your post over to this thread where another seller had the same question. @Chad's suggestion is what I would recommend taking a look at - you're able to book two clients within the same time slot directly from your Square Dashboard, or within your Square Appointments app. This is what you'll see on your calendar once you've set up two appointments in the same time slot:

It isn't currently possible for a client to schedule their own appointment using the booking site, if an appointment is already scheduled during the time slot. We are tracking this as a Feature Request within this thread - feel free to subscribe to it, as we will be sure to post an update if we have any news from our product team.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Beta Member

MShellsh,

I understand your concern and I am currently their beta tester for that feature but it has not worked exactly how I want it.

So here is my personal work around to continue business:

1. I would add a new location from the dashboard go to >> Account and Setting >> Business >> Locations:
https://squareup.com/dashboard/locations

2. Create a new location give it a nickname for that "service, room,  or package etc". 

3. Now you will see the option to pick and choose locations  on your appointments. You would have to direct your clients to book the same time slots or create a land page that will link each location and you would link each location's appointment link per location.

You mentioned that you want to set limits per clients - the limit is based on how many locations you create to do this. I know this can be messy but it is working for me so far.

You can view mine and click on "Change location" you will see the alternate "room" I made.
https://square.site/appointments/book/2Q63ZJ2DRNN91/superb-studio-llc-houston-tx

Here is another fix that you will probably like more:

Under services:

https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/services

Create a service or item with a "Variable pricing" what that will do is allow people to book the time slow and will require you to approve it if the information is correct and to charge the card with the amount you input in.

This is less automated it but it allows you to double book as many times you like and gives you control to deny if anyone goes over their limit but will require manual involvement.  Moreover, the time slot has to be left open as well or they cannot select it.

So you can keep accepting bookings but mark it as "not busy" to free it up or wait until the all bookings are in and then close it off to busy and complete all the pending transactions.

Let me know if this make sense or if you need further help. Be sure to check out @pessosices  screen shot as well for multi services booking if you havent tried that yet.

Kind regards,

Davisson

Message 22 of 39
Beta Member

Thanks, Davisson,for your help with this. I will give that a shot and see how it goes. Square is so good, easy and clean. It's a shame that this is a bit clunky. It would be lovely to have a "class" category and you could set class numbers (1-100) and people could enrol themselves until the class limit was reached. Anyway thanks for taking the time to write such a complete answer.

Message 23 of 39

This option is okay but I would want clients to book their own appointments.

Message 24 of 39

Hi Davisson,

How do we mark a booking as "not busy"? I am a group fitness instructor, so I would need the ability for multiple clients to book the same day and time slot. Any help will be appreciated. 🙂

Thanks,

Maleeha

Message 25 of 39
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @mrahim97 I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 39

Hello there. Please could you advise further? Do you have to be a premium user?

Is there an option within this to select options within the service. I am a paddleboarding instructor, with up to 4 clients per group lesson. Each will need to select their kit choices, i.e. M wetsuit, S buoyancy aid etc. 

Would this method work?

Thanks, Amy. 

Message 27 of 39
Super Seller

You could create the first booked app into a personal event, uncheck block time, then that’ll open up that slot again, and you can just keep repeating that until you have that slot filled with as many clients needed. 

Message 28 of 39
Beta Member

Yes, that is also another way to do it but its not as automated. 

Message 29 of 39
Beta Member

Book multiple customers at the same time.

I have an Art Studio who can take 10 customer at the same time. For example, James wants to take his family for the art class. So he needs to book an appointment for two adults and 3 children. How do I implement that way for appointment?

Message 30 of 39
Beta Member

Hello! I am a marriage counselor and want to be able to add a second person onto the calendar event so that both people get the text and email reminders and not just one person. I have put two events in one slot with each person's name, but if one person cancels the session, the other person is still left on the schedule when it has been canceled. Being able to add a second person to one calendar event would prevent this. Please consider adding this feature. Thanks! 

Message 31 of 39

I'm surprised a multibillion dollar company hasn't found a solution yet. This dilemma made me switch services to be honest. I'm a private chef who sells tickets to multicourse dining dinners. All I want to do is list my availabile dates, hours & limit guest quantity per event. This is like a goose hunt for what should be an easy fix.

Message 32 of 39

I agree. It's called parallel booking. I want to continue with Square, but I may need to switch services as well 

Message 33 of 39

Yea its pretty lame.  Seems like a pretty straight forward function that should have existed from the launch of the appointments module.  I'm going to start looking for another service that can provide this functionality.

Message 34 of 39

Where did you switch to? 

Message 35 of 39

2022 and this option still isnt available? I run a dog day care I NEED there to be an option that my clients can book themselves while allowing up to 10 clients to book for the SAME time. EX- 10 clients for a full day of care (7am till 4pm)

While also offering clients to book half days of care - 5 clients for half day (starting at various times 7am, 10am, 11am)

Message 36 of 39
Square Community Moderator

I understand your frustration not having this feature available yet, @Auroraw. We're still passing the feedback we receive here to our Square Appointments team, and will hopefully have an update to share with you soon! 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋  

Message 37 of 39

No.  No you won't have an answer. This has been going since 2017 and clearly you have no desire to offer that service.  Just say "no we don't do that and never will".

Message 38 of 39

And the fact that this question is marked "solved" is laughable.  Get your S**T together square before you have a class action on your hands for negligence of basic features.

Message 39 of 39