x

Is it possible to host an appointment WITHOUT a location listed?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: No location appointments

Hey Square Community! 

Is it possible to host an appointment WITHOUT a location listed? Right now the appointment/services default to our office location, but we travel to the client for these kinds of services, and don't want to confuse anyone signing up. 

(I know, we can communicate with clients before and after they book with us via email/text, to ignore the location. But, it would be smoother to not have it listed at all.)

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WhitneyP! Do you go to your client's location for every service? If that's the case you can update your settings to reflect that. From your online Appointments Dashboard:

1. Click Settings > then click Calendar & Booking.
  2. Select At the customer's location.
  3. Click Save.

With At the customer's location selected your customer's will provide their address at the time of booking.

The other option would be to select Phone only. With that options customers will provide their phone number only and their appointment confirmation notifications will say 'We'll call you at [appointment time].' 

Are either of these helpful or is there another option you'd like to see? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WhitneyP! Do you go to your client's location for every service? If that's the case you can update your settings to reflect that. From your online Appointments Dashboard:

1. Click Settings > then click Calendar & Booking.
  2. Select At the customer's location.
  3. Click Save.

With At the customer's location selected your customer's will provide their address at the time of booking.

The other option would be to select Phone only. With that options customers will provide their phone number only and their appointment confirmation notifications will say 'We'll call you at [appointment time].' 

Are either of these helpful or is there another option you'd like to see? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 10

Helen - for the win!!! Thank you so much, really appreciate you taking the time to share that with me. On I go - enjoying this new feature.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Glad to help! Thanks for your post! 😊

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 10

@Helen I can’t find calendar and booking anywhere. Can it be listed as something else possibly?

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Hello @Kendraax! From your online Square Dashboard click Appointments > then click Settings from the options on the left-hand side, you should see Calendar & Booking just below 'Settings'. It sounds like you might have been looking in the app? If you sign in to your account from a web browser you should see this! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 10

I am an at home business for the moment and i really don’t even remember putting my housing info on my account but it shows my home location publicly on my online page. I understand that you need to link a location with your business after I’ve conducted countless internet searches, but is there any way to make my location private? I just don’t want to have my home address out there for the public and I’d much rather it only go to the people that are actually booking with me. I had to deactivate my page because of this. My address wasn’t up there until the beginning of this week and I really don’t know what to do. The rest of the app is good but the fact that I can’t even use my page due to this is getting me frustrated. Can anyone help?

Message 7 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out and I'm so sorry for the stress this has caused. I completely understand wanting to hide your location if you work from home and travel for work. 

You will want to disable your location being visible on Account & Settings:

1: Click Business > Receipts

2: Scroll down to Receipt Information

3: Toggle off "Show Location"

This should do the trick for you! Let me know if you have other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 10

@AshleyK I just followed your instructions and my location is still clearly being shown on my booking site. I just reactivated it to check and nothing changed 😞

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for letting me know - I'm sorry for the miscommunication, I did not know this was for your Appointments subscription. This is also an easy fix, where you will change your Appointments Settings to accepting appointments at your Customer's location instead of your location. @Helen details the steps beautifully in this thread. I've merged your post there to better help you find it. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10