x
luxcups

Is it possible to password protect my online square store?

We are currently only using the online square store for bulk/ wholesale orders. Is there a way to require users to enter a password before being able to view and place an order online?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Re: Is it possible to password protect my online square store?

Hi @luxcups, thanks for sharing. We don't currently offer a password restriction or private e-commerce page with the Online Store. For now, you might consider using Square Invoices as an alternative for your wholesale orders.

Our product liaison team is tracking this request, and I'll be sharing your experience with them. Thanks for your patience as we're always working to improve based on customer feedback. Please feel free to reply with any other insight.

Message 2 of 6
cktceramics

Has there been any progress on making a password protected store? For the same reason I would like a better way to distinguish between my normal retail sales and my wholesale orders. Right now I have discount code that I give to my wholesale retailers, but for accounting purporses this is quite cumbersome. I would prefer to just have a section of my store that becomes available to wholesalers via a password. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

I'm afraid I don't have an update on this for you @cktceramics but thank you for following up on this, I do see how it would be helpful. 

If you’re looking for more advanced features than the Online Store I recommend taking a look at Square’s eCommerce partners. For example, Weebly and WooCommerce both have password protected store options. Keep in mind there are several eCommerce sites you can integrate Square with — you can see the full list from the Apps section of your online Dashboard. Click All Categories to filter by the eCommerce sites. 

I also recommend getting in touch with the eCommerce site’s support team before you make any decisions — just to make sure they have what you’re looking for! Click View Details below any eCommerce partner logo to see their Support contact information.

Message 4 of 6
woody2799

best way to set up a password protected webpage?

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "best way to set up a password protected webpage?" The author has been notified via email.

I make and sell small wooden items and would like to have two websites one for retail and one for wholesale...  I have my retail site on etsy using thier pattern layout.  Now I would like to make a site for my wholesale items but it needs a password to keep retail customers from seeing the prices.

Is there anyway to get one both sides made at the same place mostly I don't want to have to up load and write pictures and discrptions for 2 sites if I can just use one.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
merideth

passcode to enter wholesale site

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "passcode to enter wholesale site" The author has been notified via email.

can you add a code for a customer to enter your site? I have a retail shop for the public and would like to create code for store owners to enter the wholesale site. 

Message 6 of 6