x

Is it possible to receive card payments if the square stand is not plugged in?

How can I receive credit card payments if the Square Stand is not plugged in?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Not sure which Stand you have or how many accessories you plug in to your Square Stand.  The older white color Stand people have said you could use without power, but the newer Black in color ones have more features and require more power and need to be plugged in from what I have read in forums.   So depending on what you need to do you might be able to pop out the Ipad and use it with a Bluetooth and Headphone phone Mag readers to accept payments on the go. 

Another alternative is to get a Battery powered outlet to power the Square Stand.  Depending what you have at home for power tools, Ryobi, Dewalt and even Harbour Freight's  Baurer battery operated tools have adapters that change the battery to 120 volt ac outlet.    Will 1 battery last you all day or do you have more than 1 battery that you can carry with you?   IF you look on amazon for Inverters for Dewalt batteries they are $40 to $900 depending on how many batteries you want to connect at a time.  1 Battery starts at $40,  2 Batteries starts at $65 and 4 Batteries is like $900 with Batteries the other 2 cheaper ones you need to buy batteries.  Ryobi's inverter for the 18+1 system is about $99 at Homedepot, and the HF Baurer inverter for 1 battery is $49 or so currently.  The reason I point these out is they are cheaper and quieter than a generator for sales at out door events.  The only issue is How long will a battery last or how many batteries do you have to switch them out to get you through your day.    You would also need an internet connection to connect to Square to verify payments and your Inventory.   

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 2