x

Is it possible to use Square for my website, and continue using Quickbooks POS for in house sales?

Hello.

We currently using Quickbooks POS for all in house sales, along with Quickbooks Financial (not online).  Eventually we are going to switch to Square. 

My question:

I am setting up a website/online store using Wix, along with the Ecwid app to take sales.  Ecwid connects with Square.  Is it possible to use a Square account to take online/website sales, money going into our bank account, while still using Quickbooks POS to do all in house sales?  I'm not looking to integrate QB POS and Square.

Side note: when our POS usage contract ends, next year, we'll make the full change.  Second question, then...is there any foreseeable things I should be aware of if I am able to start by using for online sales then move over to in house POS?

Thank you in advance.

Al

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @The_Good_Life-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

1) Yes, some businesses use two different payment processors. This is okay to do, but when you're filing your taxes at the end of the year, you will likely be issued two tax forms (one from us, and one from Quickbooks) depending on eligibility.

2) I wonder if you plan on moving/migrating over to Square for all your sales, if it might be easier to use the Square Online Store. That way, eventually everything will be located in the same place (online sales, in person sales, your website, etc). 

Ultimately it's up to you! Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2