x

Is it possible to use an android tablet with the stand?

I want to use the stand and all that goes with it but can you do this on an android tablet?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi @FirstFruitsDad, the Stand made by Square supports specific Apple iPad models and does not support Android tablets.

If you have an Android tablet that is compatible with a Square credit card reader, you have the option to use your tablet with a Square reader and a third-party stand that is used to mount a variety of tablet models.  You can find these stands in many local and online stores.  Note: these stands do not read the credit cards: they are designed for holding your tablet.  If you plan to use Square's free plug-in reader, make sure the stand leaves ample room around the headphone jack of your tablet.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hi @FirstFruitsDad, the Stand made by Square supports specific Apple iPad models and does not support Android tablets.

If you have an Android tablet that is compatible with a Square credit card reader, you have the option to use your tablet with a Square reader and a third-party stand that is used to mount a variety of tablet models.  You can find these stands in many local and online stores.  Note: these stands do not read the credit cards: they are designed for holding your tablet.  If you plan to use Square's free plug-in reader, make sure the stand leaves ample room around the headphone jack of your tablet.

Message 2 of 7

is there any plan as to adding android to the stand instead just ipad or can you use a android tablet

Message 3 of 7

I was also wondering about android .

Message 4 of 7
Square

Hi @jerry129 and @Girlmedic, check out this thread for additional info. You might also be interested in checking out our compatible hardware for Android devices. Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 7

Has any progress been made toward offering the same level of access for Android users as Apple? Your Square Register is only available for iPad currently.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hey!! Thanks for posting. I hear you - having a Square Stand that works with an Android Tablet would be really useful. This is a feature request we are tracking, so I've moved your post over to an existing thread so we can have all the requests in one place. 

@Owl does an amazing job of explaining alternatives (you can use an Android Tablet on a 3rd party stand that we sell, the Windfall Stand).

Our compatible holders for tablets are:

1: Heckler Windfall Stand for Galaxy Tab A

2: Universal tablet stand: Heckler @rest Universal Stand

Also, you can use our Contactless and Chip Reader and our Magstripe readers with many Android devices as well. You can always check for compatibility here: Squareup.com/compatibility

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7