x

Is the LG K20 V phone compatible with Square readers?

is an LG K20 V phone compatible with square readers, Magnistrip and chip readers also have option to use a samsung J3v phone

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hi @necs - Have you had a chance to check out our device compatibility page? It shows which equipment works with Square readers.

Message 2 of 11

Hi Katieand

yes I did check the compatiilty page. The LG K10 phone is on the list but the K20 is not. The K10(so am told) is an older model so it made me wonder if the compatibilty page is up to date.

Thank You for your reply.

Bernie

Message 3 of 11
Admin

@necs Helen here stepping in for @katieand! You're right, the LG K20 hasn't been included in our compatibility site yet. When a new device is released we have to test it with our software and hardware to make sure it works with Square. As soon as this device has been tested we'll update the website. Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 11

It has been a year since this thread started surely you have tested the LG K20 by now?  I was looking to buy one but I need to make sure it is Square compatible.

Message 5 of 11

Hello @WhiteDog

I can confirm we won't be adding the LG K20 to our compatibility device list. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. ☹️

Message 6 of 11

Ok, what about the LG G6?

Message 7 of 11
Admin

@WhiteDog Looking at the device compatibility website currently the LG G2, G3, G4, G5 models have been tested and are compatible with the magstripe reader and the reader for contactless and chip. If you're looking to purchase a new device I strongly recommend checking the device compatibility site before buying a new device. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 8 of 11

I have a Windows Lumina 640xl, a old Samsung Note 3 and a LG G6.  I am not looking to buy because I would like to use a device/phone that I already own.

If I can not use one of my existing phones I was looking to buy a less expensive phone.  That is why I asked about the LG K20.

I checked and the Note 3 shows that it is compatable and I will use that phone until I purchase a new phone.

My last question is if a phone is a android phone why would there be compatibility problems?  I buy devices like head phones that have no problem connecting with any android phone.

Thanks for your time... TC

Message 9 of 11

I also have a LG G Pad F 8.0 that is compatible so I think I have it covered.

Message 10 of 11
Admin

Glad to hear you have a couple of options TC. 🙂

A lot of Android devices are released every year and the Hardware team tries to test as many as they can. Many android devices are supported - but if a device is compatible with the Point of Sale app we can't guarantee it'll pair with the reader's hardware until it has been tested. When it comes to accepting payments for your business we want to make sure the reader will work with your phone or tablet. 

Thanks for your patience here! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 11