x

Is there a compatible handheld or PDA that I can use for inventory?

Hello! I am looking for any suggestions or knowledge in the area of inventory. We currently have our Square system kind of a mess with the inventory because of the "hurry up and get this done" situation with being a new business, having to switch POS systems, etc. We are a Pro Hardware store, and we do have a PDA through them, however I know that I cannot link the PDA to Square in order to update our inventory. Do any of you use a separate system with a handheld or PDA to scan your items, take a count, and then somehow update your Square inventory? I'm looking for the easiest way to go about this and make sure that I'm using the most time efficient way to do it. I have considered somehow trying to email it and then using the update template to do so, but again, the current PDA is not capable of sending the counts via email.

Any and all advice appreciated! Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @crissyatHH Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! We just released a new feature with Square for Retail Plus that will allow you to scan your inventory (in the Square for Retail app) with either the camera on your phone or barcode scanner and count it that way. While it isn't a PDA or external partner like you mentioned above, it may work better for you since it's built into our Dashboard and system. 

Keep in mind that Square for Retail is a subscription, so you would need to pay to use this feature, but let me know if it works well for you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I have a brick and mortar store and we need to be able to go through the store with a tablet and scanner to check inventory and also be able to go upstairs with it and scan stuff that comes in.  As opposed to bringing everything down to the check out stand.

Does any one have some suggestions on doing this?

Thank you

Message 2 of 4

Hey @3riverstackle and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where @crissyatHH had just asked a similar question.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. It looks like there's options you might have with a Square for Retail subcsription.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 3 of 4

Best Answer

Hi @crissyatHH Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! We just released a new feature with Square for Retail Plus that will allow you to scan your inventory (in the Square for Retail app) with either the camera on your phone or barcode scanner and count it that way. While it isn't a PDA or external partner like you mentioned above, it may work better for you since it's built into our Dashboard and system. 

Keep in mind that Square for Retail is a subscription, so you would need to pay to use this feature, but let me know if it works well for you!

AshleyK
Message 4 of 4