x

Is there a place for appointment notes?

I'm a massage therapist and I would like to know if there's a place to jot down a few appointment notes that I can refer back to later?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

You bet ya! You've actually got a couple different places that you can add notes.

1) You can add a note to an appointment directly from the Calendar tab on the Appointment Dashboard. Just tap on the appointment, and then fill in the "Appointment Notes" section. Also, under that client's history, you see all the notes listed from previous appointments. 

Screen_Shot_2016-07-24_at_12_24_58_PM.jpg

2) You can add a note directly from the Appointments app for iOS. Similar to the dashboard, just tap a reservation and then fill in the "Appointment Notes" section.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square

Best Answer

You bet ya! You've actually got a couple different places that you can add notes.

1) You can add a note to an appointment directly from the Calendar tab on the Appointment Dashboard. Just tap on the appointment, and then fill in the "Appointment Notes" section. Also, under that client's history, you see all the notes listed from previous appointments. 

Screen_Shot_2016-07-24_at_12_24_58_PM.jpg

2) You can add a note directly from the Appointments app for iOS. Similar to the dashboard, just tap a reservation and then fill in the "Appointment Notes" section.

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 16

are these notes private? Will I be the only one to see them? Not the customer?

Message 3 of 16
Admin

Appointment notes are only visible to you, @radrebecca💯

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 16

Hi,

Wondering if I can update the "client notes" using a web browser? I can update the client notes using the app but not using a web browser.

Thanks

Message 5 of 16
Admin

@LaPetiteTarte Did you check out Sean's answer above? If you click on an appointment from your Dashboard calendar, you'll see a section that says Appointment Notes. That's where you can find that info!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 16

I did see that, thanks @nika  😉but there is also another section called "client notes" which i'd also love to be able to edit from my dashboard.

Message 7 of 16

Can clients see the notes or are they private and only I can read? Thanks so much for any help!

Message 8 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Cmqlmt

Any notes added to the appointment is only viewable by staff. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 16

Thank you so much! Appreciated! 

Message 10 of 16

Wait I’m confused there are appointment notes (viewable only by staff) and then notes in their actual client profile. Can they see/ edit the general notes in their client profile are are those private to me as well?

Message 11 of 16

I can't seem to find the notes I put in under clients. Am I doing something wrong that it's not saving the notes I put in?

Message 12 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @sallyannhiltz7

Welcome to the Community! 

Just to confirm - are you looking to make a note on the customer in their profile or the appointment they are booking? 

Notes directly under the customer's profile can be done through the Customer Directory and clicking on their profile. 

Unfortunately, there isn't an option to make a note under the Appointment when booking it. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 13 of 16

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply.  Can clients see the Notes I put in.  I'd like to jot down notes that the are able to have access to.

Message 14 of 16

When building an appointment via the dashboard/appointments/calendar, only a "service" can be added, no option for "item". Unless I'm missing something, you cannot create a note for a service. Ultimately, I'm needing a note to appear on the reciept. So far, I can only do that by going onto my phone/tablet, adding the item to the appointment created online and then adding a note (that will show up on the receipt).

Example, I have a client that has many business travelers. The charge/receipt goes to the Admin that books the travel with me. She needs a note on each receipt to know which receipt is for which travel event. Each traveler is a "customer" in my system, using the Admin's credit card on file. The "service" I add defines what is taking place (shuttle to/from the airport). 

"Why not just do this on your phone/tablet?" It is infinitely easier for me to copy/paste the travel request text into the appointment using the online dashboard website, however, there is nothing I can do online that will make a note appear on the receipt.

It is counter-productive to offer the ability to create an appointment but not add an item. What is the logic in this?

Message 15 of 16

Message 16 of 16