x
Highlighted
traileralarms

Is there a "buy it now" button available yet

I've got a basicv website, but need a but it now button, and don't want to have to use PayPal.

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Is there a "buy it now" button available yet

Best Answer

@Strachwsky Unfortunately there's not a "Pay Now" feature that's built into the Square Point of Sale app or default Online Store at the moment. While we have Square Appointments to take care of your booking needs, you'll still need to charge your customers through the Point of Sale app or with Square Invoices. 

@stickdog I'm definitely a proponent of a quick checkout style "Buy Now" option for customers, so I hear your frustrations. 

This feature request is picking up some momentum among sellers, so I'll be sure to let our Product Team know about the interest. 

Keep an eye out for changes in the future. 

Message 9 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Admin

Hi there.

A pay now button can be developed with Square, but It really depends on your current setup. 

Did you already have your own E-Commerce solution? 

We have different options and integrations that might fit what you're trying to do. 

Check out this existing thread and let me know if anything helps: 

Launching an online store? You’ve got options with Square!

Message 2 of 26
stickdog

I already have a website.  I need a buy it now button.  Your website says you have this but it leads you down a rabbit hole of nothingness.

Please help me.  I need to take payments online on my website.

Message 3 of 26
Admin

Thanks for clarifying. 

The Square E-Commerce API is a payment solution that allows you to use Square to take credit card payments online through your own websites. 

You'll need to be able to code or have a web developer code for you in order to make this work, as it requires you to build your own checkout solution using Square API from your own website. 

You can read up on more details about this and how to get started here: E-commerce API

Message 4 of 26
stickdog

Why make it so hard?  You need to simplify this like paypal does.  I don't code.

Message 5 of 26
Admin

Great feedback! I'll send this over to our Product Team. If anything changes, I'll be sure to let the Community know!

Message 6 of 26
Strachwsky

Is there a "buy it now" button available yet

Hi, we are hosting some classes at the bakery and we use square to accept payments. Does square have a pay it now button or enroll button that would make it easy for our students to sign up and pay for an upcoming class? 

Message 7 of 26
stickdog

Square is losing millions by not making a simple buy now template like paypal does that is customizable.

Most of us don't code.   I would be running thousands a month more through square if they had a customizable buy now button.  How is it possible that square still does not have one?

Message 8 of 26
Admin

Best Answer

@Strachwsky Unfortunately there's not a "Pay Now" feature that's built into the Square Point of Sale app or default Online Store at the moment. While we have Square Appointments to take care of your booking needs, you'll still need to charge your customers through the Point of Sale app or with Square Invoices. 

@stickdog I'm definitely a proponent of a quick checkout style "Buy Now" option for customers, so I hear your frustrations. 

This feature request is picking up some momentum among sellers, so I'll be sure to let our Product Team know about the interest. 

Keep an eye out for changes in the future. 

Message 9 of 26
We4g

BUY NOW button requested for me too, thks 

Message 10 of 26