x

Is there a report that can easily give me the transaction fees that were deducted from my payments?

Is there a report that can easily give me the transaction fees that were deducted from my payments instead of having to go to Deposits and going into each and every transaction to get the fee and add them all up individually??? Please tell me there is a report!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @lrada, and welcome to the Seller Community. To get going, I went ahead and made your questions its own thread since it wasn't directly related to Kelly's post about taxes. As for your question, you can find this summary from the Sales Summary of the Square Dashboard. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see a line item for "Fees." Here's a screenshot:

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Square

Best Answer

Hi @lrada, and welcome to the Seller Community. To get going, I went ahead and made your questions its own thread since it wasn't directly related to Kelly's post about taxes. As for your question, you can find this summary from the Sales Summary of the Square Dashboard. If you scroll down a bit, you'll see a line item for "Fees." Here's a screenshot:

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 29

Exactly what I was looking for!!!  Thank you!

Message 3 of 29

Is there a place that has the list of individual fees w/dates?

Message 4 of 29
Square

Hi @uniwhisp, welcome to the Community. The best way to list that info will probably be if you export your transaction CSV file from the Transactions page. This will give you a spreadsheet of each transaction with fees paid and date. You can also see your fees per deposit on the Deposits page. Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 29

Hi, can you advise when there might be a better solution? That doesn't save time from what I do right now (manually calculating with a caluclator and pen and paper...)

Message 6 of 29

I exported the transaction report CSV but there is no column for fees paid.  Below are the column headings.  Am I downloading the correct info?

Date, Time, Time Zone, Category Item Qty, Price Point Name, SKU, Modifiers Applied, Gross Sales Discounts, Net Sales, Tax, Transaction ID, Payment ID, Device Name, Notes, Details, Event Type, Location, Dining Option, Customer ID, Customer Name, Customer Reference ID, Unit, Count

Message 7 of 29

Is there a way to see a break down of the transaction fee: swipe versus manual entry?  I know that I can see a report from the daily sales report that is automatically generated, however, I'd like to get a big picture of the breakdown on a monthy and annual basis without having to go back, find each day's sales summary, and adding all the numbers together manually... 

Message 8 of 29
Admin

@2wildseeds The Payment Methods report shows a breakdown of payments by type: Card dipped, tapped, swiped, keyed. To view this report:

1. Sign in to your Dashboard online.
  2. Click Sales > click Payment Methods.
  3. Use the date selector at the top to check a specific time.
  4. Click Export to download a report to your computer.

If you were looking for another type of report please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 29

Thanks Helen!  I actually came across it Sunday by chance but I appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

Message 10 of 29

Hi. This post was helpful, however, what if I want to get a Year-End (For Tax Reporting) showing all the Payment Processing Fees?

As I see it right now, I would need to download twelve (12) monthly CSW reports. 

Thanks

Message 11 of 29
Super Seller

@pmoscatelli, you can go to the same report in the best answer https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary and then choose your date range from the drop-down.  you can select any 1 year time period or simply click the last year button.  your total fees will be the second row from the bottom of the report.

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 2.45.33 PM.png

Message 12 of 29

Found it! Thanks.

Message 13 of 29

This was asked in 2017 - I had the same question in 2021 - I wish there was a separate report of just fees that could be run by day, week, month or year. 

Message 14 of 29

Sean

When you export this screen, the breakdown between cash and credit cards does not export.  Can that be fixed?

Message 15 of 29

Hello! Is there a way to add the fees and net total columns to the Item Detail Report on the transactions screen? Or a way to create a custom report that I can export with all of the fields I need?

Thanks!!

Message 16 of 29
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Item Detail Export Columns”

Hi @walkway, there isn't a way to build a custom report in the Dashboard at this time but that is a great suggestion though, I'll share it with our Product Team!

In the meantime the transaction CSV report has a column for both fees and net total. To download this report click Sales > Transactions > Export > Transaction CSV.

👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 17 of 29

Hi Helen

Thanks! Just what I needed.

Message 18 of 29

Does the "Fees Paid" column include capital payments or only the transaction fees?

Message 19 of 29
Admin

Hey @DawnMediSpa, to see a breakdown of fees paid to Square and your Capital repayment details visit the Deposits section of your online Square Dashboard: Click on a specific deposit and you'll see a breakdown of both the fees paid to Square as well as Capital repayment details.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 29

Hi Everyone! How do I find the fees that I paid in 2017

Message 21 of 29