x
flipashland

Is there a tip option for Square Online Store?

I am using the online store feature for to go orders at my restaurant. Is there an option for customers to tip when making orders this way?

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
RHatch Super Seller

Re: Tip option for online store?

Best Answer

Currently there is not tipping option with the Square's online offer.

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
RHatch Super Seller

Best Answer

Currently there is not tipping option with the Square's online offer.

Message 2 of 23
Abeaudoin

Our customers have been bringing this to our attention as well. They would like to tip when they place the order online. 

Hope to see this added. 

Thanks!

Message 3 of 23
TheSaltyGerman

Is that something y'all are considering? I've had multiple questions about it and I'd hate to find a new provider because I love the set up.  It has to be fairly easy to add a tip setting - it's available for invoices. 

Message 4 of 23
makedonas

I also would like to see a tip option for online orders!

Message 5 of 23
Admin

Thanks for checking on this request, @TheSaltyGerman and @makedonas. I went to look for any updates, and there isn't anything I can access and share out right now. If this is becoming increasingly important for you and your employees, you might want to have a look at some of our eCommerce partners, like Weebly. Hopefully one of those services can offer a suitable solution.

Please keep in touch for developments and let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 6 of 23
Sugarpine

People have been requesting this for years, and we are yet another restaurant who needs this functionality. Please fix.

Message 7 of 23
DeeLuxeChicken

If engineering can figure out how to allow tips on invoices, they can figure out how to allow tips on online orders.  The Online Store is not "free" - additional charges are incurred, and Square wouldn't offer it if it were not profitable.  The suggestion to seek a solution that will cost us even more money is not helpful.

Message 8 of 23
Issac

IT'S 2019 AND NO TIP OPTION IS ADDED FOR THE ONLINE STORE. WHAT DO WE NEED TO HAVE YOU GUYS ADD THE TIP OPTION FOR THE ONLINE STORE?

Message 9 of 23
Admin

@Issac I'm really sorry that this feature isn't available yet.

So I can share your feedback with the Onilne Store team can you reply with some information about your business and how being able to add tips to Online Store orders would help, e.g. are you a restaurant that uses the Online Store for pick up orders? The more details we can share the better! 

Message 10 of 23