x

Is there a transaction report that includes the name of the cardholder when a credit card was used?

I can see a list of credit card transactions easily, but it does not include the cardholder.  When drilling down online with the transaction report, I can click on the credit card button to the left and get the cardholder info, but I'd like to simply export that data.  Am I missing that functionality somewhere?

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Helen - could have sworn that I posted an answer yesterday, but it has disappeared.  Yes, I am using the detailed transaction export.  It will show a customer name if we have loaded customer information.  But we are running a golf tournament with a very abbreviated check in and pay period so we can't capture info on everyone.  What is needed on the report is not the customer name but the cardholder name (who paid) so we don't have to drill into each individual transaction.  It would be much easier to reconcile collections with that additional piece of information.

Message 22 of 24

Hello @khkyle!

I'm stepping in for @Helen, when you process a credit or debit card through a reader most of the time it will capture the card holders first name without creating a customer profile. Although, just the first name might not be sufficient in your case. 

Message 23 of 24

Well, it is now the end of 2019 and I am reading through the responses to this question and see that Square keeps saying that they will pass this request along.  It would be really helpful if we could have access to Customer names, dates, as well as purchase and deposit amounts all in report. Yet it seems to still be lacking.

Message 24 of 24