x

Is there a transaction report that will give me the contact information for the donor?

I know how to download a sales report, but it only includes the name of the customer, not their email address or mailing address. To get that I have to go to the Customers tab in my online dashboard. We have a big event coming up and to do this for hundreds of people isn't acceptable.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Thank you for reaching out here and bringing this up, @mstanton.

I hope I can help clear this up for youif you've captured donor information, you'll be able to export a report from your online Square Dashboard which includes the name and email address that they've entered. To do so, head over to: Customers > Import / Export > Export Customers > a CSV will download to your computer and you'll be able to view/sort from there as needed.

Does that get you where you need to be? If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reply with a bit more information on what you're needing to do and we'll take another look.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 5

No, I need that information paired with their transaction information; dollar amount, date, tender type, etc. Importing this information into our CRM is currently a major headache because it's extremely difficult to match transaction information from sales reports in Square, with the contact information from customer reports. All of this information needs to be in one place

Message 3 of 5

In other words, the address, phone number and e-mail address of the donor is not automatically transmitted when the donation is made?

Message 4 of 5

Hello @michellebeadle

Before we dive into this I want to make it clear this thread was about accepting payments in person rather than accepting donations through the Square Online Store. 

When you swipe or dip a card on Point of Sale Square can pull the customers first name most of the time. A customers address, phone number, and email address aren't stored on a credit card so it's not possible to pull this information automatically. You would have to request it from your customer and enter it into your Customer Directory

If you're collecting donations on the Online Store it will collect a donors  full name and their email address. There's an optional field for a phone number as well. 

I hope this clears things up! 🙂

Message 5 of 5