x

Is there a way for a customer to set up a subscription through the online store?

I understand that the business can set up a subscription via the invoice feature.  I'm wondering if there is a way to set up a subscription as an item for purchase through the online store?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @wildwoods, that's a great question! 

Currently we don't have the ability to sell subscriptions or recurring payments from the Online Store. Currently this feature isn't on the roadmap for our Online Store. If you have any questions please let me know! 😄

Message 2 of 6

It's now 2021, has this been resolved? The ability for a customer to subscribe to a recurring plan seems to be an essential business plan model these days.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @jaskegreen,

Thanks for writing back into the community 🙂

You can now sell memberships in your online store, or use subscriptions via online checkout links. To sell a membership on your online store, simply create an item and select "membership" from the drop down under item type:

I hope this helps 🙂 

Message 4 of 6

Fantastic! I’ll give that a try. Thanks for the response. 

UPDATE: I do have membership items, but a subscription is what I need.

Memberships are individual purchases, where I need monthly payments for one item. 

How can I get a subscription to show up like an item on the website? It seems to me like a no-brainer to have this as an option. 

Message 5 of 6

@Chad I would try to use a feature like that too. We have a German Grocery and an international grocery. Some people buy and ship to their parents on a regular basis. We would love to set up something where they could shop once and we send out weekly orders automatically through square.

@jaskegreen another way that could work is to add the customer and their payment card to square,  keep a paper log of what the regular order is, then once a week you build a cart and checkout with them sending an email receipt,  then ship out. I've never tried it, so it could be an invoice thing instead and once the payment Is made you ship out.

Message 6 of 6