x

Is there a way for a manager to see tips collected without seeing the detailed sales report?

I would like for a manager (with permission) to view a report showing tips collected but not be allowed to see total sales and all the other information contained in the detailed sales report currently accessed to view tips collected. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Unfortunately the View Reports permission isn't that granular and cannot be restricted to only view tips. 

@ZP

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

So, no way to see tips collected without also seeing total sales and other detailed sales data? Hmmm... Any chance Square could do something about that?

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

I'm also very interested in this. I don't want my employees seeing my sales when looking up tips for each shift. Can someone, from Square, Please let me know if this has been fixed yet.

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Geps - Thanks for reaching out!

At the moment, there isn’t a way to apply stricter permissions to a permission set past the existing presets. All of the possible permissions are currently listed within the Permissions Settings on your Square Dashboard. This would fall under the Reports section.

I will be sure to mark this as a feature request for our Product Team. We are constantly improving features based on seller feedback, so keep an eye out for any updates, which we will announce here in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input on this!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

I'm going to keep submitting requested for the restricted permission. There's no reason employees need to see more information than is required especially when accessing their tips. I'd encourage everyone to get on the phone with Square support and submit a request for this  restricted permission. 

Message 6 of 6