x

Is there a way to accept an over payment on an invoice with a check?

We have field trips out to the farm and when I invoice schools they sometimes show up with less people than they had originally planned on. They typically pay with checks. How can I accept an over payment once I edit the invoice for the correct number of people? For example: Bills Elementary plans on 150 people coming out. I send them an invoice for that many. They show up ready to pay for their field trip with a check, but they only have 135 people in attendence. I edit the invoice to show 135 people but I can't accept their over payment (check) to refund them. Any suggestions on what to do?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hmm @sweetberryfarm, I'm not sure I follow! If the invoice is unpaid when they arrive you can edit the amount before recording the invoice as paid by check. Is it that they're bringing a check for the original amount too? You could record that you accepted a check for the full amount, and then 'refund' the diffrence in Square to balance your books. Keep in mind you would have to actually process the refund outside of Square, because Square currently doesn't process checks! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2