x

Is there a way to add an additional fee after a customer has setup and paid for an appointment/item?

I am ready to launch a delivery service and there will be times where the customer will pay for a delivery, but will also need to pay for items that are being delviered. For example, if a customers pays $15 (delivery fee) up front to schedule a grocery delivery to their home, I will not be able to calculate the cost of the groceries until I purchase them. Is there a way to go in and add the cost of the groceries to the customers bill before closing the sale? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

or moreso an additional "charge". So if groceries cost $25, is there a way to go in and add that charge to customer cost. If not is there a way to set up a micelaneous item tha ti can easily change price for, in situations such as the example given? 

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Hi @MVD - Can you describe how you plan to set up your delivery service and how you are taking in these orders? For example, are you initially charging them in person or are they ordering online? Are you just using Point of Sale or do you plan to use other integrations? The more we know about your setup, the better we can help point you in the right direction.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 6

Hi, they will be ordering online. Thank you! 

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Gotcha! We have several eCommerce solutions that would offer you the ability to save the customer's Card on File so that you can charge the customer's card, if needed. If you plan on building your own website, we also have Square API which offers a deeper level of customization. You can check out this thread for tips from another Seller on how to set this up.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 6

Thank you!

Message 6 of 6