x

Is there a way to add multiple price variations for one item?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Buy multiples, get a deal possible?]

Just setting up my store but have been using square at markets for 5 years. I sell two variations of 15ish items - in person, they are priced as $6 or 4 for 20 and $9 or 3 for 25. Is there a way to put the 4/20 and 3/25 discounts in the online store for the customer to choose? Or some way of doing it so the deal can be used online too? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hi @Sunshinecanning,

Welcome to the Seller Community. 

We definitely see how this could be a benefit for your business model. Currently we do not have a way for an automatic discount rule to apply to multiple variations of an item. You would have to create each item quantity/price variation as a separate line item. For example, the $6 or 4 for 20 would be one product and then the $9 or 3 for 25 would be another.

Our product teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements. So we will be sure to let you know if we have any updates.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7

Attention Square: I am also looking for this feature! For instance, I sell cards for $5 each or 5 for $20. So I would need to create separate items?

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

In your case the easiest way to do it would be to create a variation. So cards are 5 dollars each and then you set a variation under that item called say 5 card pack with a price of 20 dollars 

Message 4 of 7

Thanks very much! I'll give it a try.

Message 5 of 7

It has been such a pain to not have this built in. I created a couple of coupon codes that can subtract the discount, but you can't post them in the shop so people have to read through a bunch of directions on my website. Maybe 30% of customers get it right without me having to go back in and refund them. 

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for letting me know!

Message 7 of 7