x

Is there a way to be notified by text or email when someone makes an appointment?

Is there a way to be notified by text or email when someone makes an appointment?  The only notification I am getting is on the dashboard.  I have a lot of appointments and some of them are weeks in advance so I am not likely to see a new appt. on the calendar.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 55
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question Greg! All of your staff notifications are managed directly in the individual staff profile in your Appointments Dashboard. You can choose to be notified of new appointments by text, email or both! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Square

Best Answer

Great question Greg! All of your staff notifications are managed directly in the individual staff profile in your Appointments Dashboard. You can choose to be notified of new appointments by text, email or both! 

Message 2 of 55

Hi Kelly,

I have this set up, but we aren't getting any notifications via text or email...

Message 3 of 55
Square

Sorry to hear, @bayautoshop. Phone or email? If you have not received a confirmation email and your email notification settings are properly selected, I'd recommend checking your spam folder or other email filters too, as emails can occasionally skip your inbox. 

If you're still having trouble, give us a call so we can take a closer look at your account and settings. Thanks!

Message 4 of 55

I can't seem to figure out how to set up reminders for myself through square appointments. My clients get text reminders but I have trouble keeping track of all of my appointments.

Message 5 of 55
Admin

Hi @KREATIVEMEMORIE! That's absolutely something you can do. Take a look at these instructions.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 55

How can I approve the service before it’s booked.

Brittany Hogan
Message 7 of 55
Alumni

I'm not sure I understand your question, @BeautybyB.

A client would need to be book a service through your booking site in order for there to be anything for you to approve.

What are you wanting the booking flow to look like for your clients?

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 55

I was using SimplyBook.me for appointments but like Square better. However, I was hoping there would be a way to send text reminders to staff as well as clients. Is there a way to do that?

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 55
Admin

Hey @dfwactor, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, you can set up both email and text reminders for your employees from your Staff tab > select staff member > (scroll down) > select appropriate channel under Notifications.

Find more information on this in our Support Center: Manage Your Square Appointments Account Settings.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 10 of 55

Thanks for replying, Tom.  However, those are NOTIFICATIONS of new appointments - not REMINDERS of upcoming appointments.  I would like to set a REMINDER for the staff, much like the client receives an hour or two before the appointment begins.

Message 11 of 55
Admin

Thanks for circling back, @dfwactor — apologies for the confusion! I see what you mean now.

At this time, reminder texts for staff are not available but I would like to learn a little more about how this feature would be helpful for your business. Is your staff mobile or are there any other factors that cause a risk of missing the appointment? I'll be happy to share this with our Product Liaison team.

For now, your staff may need to manually set a reminder in their phone or calendar (e.g. Google Calendar). Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with this and please let me know if you have any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 12 of 55

My business consists of 2 staff members. Myself and a part-time contractor. I would like my part-timer (and myself, for that matter) to receive a notification to remind her that she has an upcoming appointment so she doesn't forget to check her calendar on the day of her session.

Message 13 of 55
Admin

Thank you! I will be sure to pass this along — appreciate your patience as we work to improve. We'll update this thread with any developments or workarounds that may be helpful.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 14 of 55

Has this been or planned to be implemented yet? It would be HUGELY beneficial to get reminders for Staff/Sellers as a native solution from Square Appointments. WE ARE fast paced and BUSY! One less thing to check or set up through an exported calendar would ge great

Message 15 of 55

if staff could get appointment reminders this would be being AWESOME. to resolve this issues would allow me to cover move ground through ability to focus on other important areas. 

Message 16 of 55

This (lack of) feature is the only thing holding me back from joining Square Appointments.  I have a mobile hair and makeup business taking care of weddings.  My staff do not have regular hours, so I feel like I need to send reminders to everyone for every appointment.  With my team and business growing, this is very time consuming.  Other platforms have staff reminders, and I'm currently using Acuity, just for this reason.    

Message 17 of 55

I have done this on both myself, as the owner, and also another staff member. She gets a notification when she has an appointment booked, however, I do not.

Message 18 of 55
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Soulfultouch

Were you referring to the notification of a new appointment?

If so, you'll want to double check your notification settings in the Staff section of the Appointments Dashboard. 

Click on your name and it should reveal the preferences for notifications. 

Message 19 of 55
Beta Member

I have only 2 employees and myself both of them get reminder for thier appointments I've already put my information the exact same way they have it but I am not getting reminder nor alert of upcoming appointments.  

Anyone? 

Message 20 of 55
Admin

Hey @Anaite, thanks for checking in. I went to check on this and reminders of upcoming appointments for staff still are not available — sorry for the confusion. If you'd like to have someone take a closer look for any potential issues with your settings, please send a quick note to our Support Team. They'll make sure this gets sorted out — thank you for your patience.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 21 of 55