x

Is there a way to disable stacking discounts so that only one discount will apply to the check?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: stacking discounts

Is there any way to disable stacking discounts so that when multiple discounts are applied, only one will apply to the check?  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

@Jimmy4 There isn't a way to restrict discounts like this! Can you share an example of an item you have with multiple discounts/why multiple discounts are applied? We'd love to hear more about this! 

In the meantime this thread has the steps to restrict a discount with a passcode. That way a team member would need to ask a manager if they wanted to apply a discount to a sale, for example.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 13
Super Seller

I'm interested in this exact question as well.  To give you a clear answer of why - we have automatically applied discounts for half case / case / multiple case purchases.  We also have a staff discount.  If a staff applies the staff discount and buys a case of wine, both discounts will be listed and they will have to manually remove the automatic discount.  It would also be nice to have only the highest discount applied in some scenarios.  Most of the time, we don't want multiple "stacked" discounts applied to a purchase.

Message 3 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Thansk for giving context to this feature request, @vinesandrushes. I've made note of it for our Product Teams. If there are any updates to this feature going forward, we will be sure to reach out here. Thanks so much!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 13

You have a loyalty program that allows you to cash out a drink at so many points and then apply a discount to the other drink which washes out the entire price. 

Message 5 of 13
Beta Member

I'd like to see this feature fixed as well. This is becoming a real problem for me. I sometimes place items on sale, then I have customers redeem their rewards (discounts) and they are getting an extra discount on top of the sale price. I would like to see Square add a setting that can be turned on so that rewards discounts will not apply to already discounted items. 

Message 6 of 13

I have the same issue with multiple discounts being applied.  There should be a way to limit one per purchase/transaction.

Message 7 of 13

I also need to be able to limit discount to just one per sale so that a staff discount cannot be applied on top of a member discount.  I see the topic first came up almost two years ago.  Is there a solution yet?

Message 8 of 13
Super Seller

I would also like to see this.  We have a Monday 15% discount on certain items.  However, if someone has earned a reward, or has a discount coupon, we want only one discount to be applied.  We have to manually figure out which would be the highest discount for the guest.  And sometimes, it isn't noticed and the guest gets two discounts which is not our intention.  Also, with team member discounts, we only want one applied.  

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 9 of 13

I would also like to know about this.  We have various military and package discounts I would like them to only be able to apply one to each purchase.

Message 10 of 13
Beta Member

Is there any progress on this? Blocking discount stacking is a pretty basic feature for retailers. "Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions" is practically printed on every coupon across the world. It's cumbersome to make sure my staff isn't doing this accidentally all the time and I am losing money on online sales left and right because there is no way to prevent customers from using their loyalty rewards on top of sale discounts and other coupon codes. 

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

Hello, Checking to see what progress has been made on this issue. We have to manually remove the discounts that stack and doing that is very time consuming and not always remembered by busy staffers.  We are losing money because of these stacking discounts, and as a commenter on a different thread on this same issue said, so is Square! 

I have this same issue. Is there a way to stop stacking loyalty awards and discounts on the same item, please? If not, is there a timeline for when this will be implemented?

Thank you!

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @KatieHollister,

Thanks for being a Community member and taking the time to leave us feedback on discount stacking.

This feature is currently unavailable, and our Product team has reviewed this request. I would normally move your post to our Ideate Room, but I see you have already commented on the current feature request in our Ideate Room. At this time, we do not have any further information from our Product team.

We will update you in this thread if there are any updates to this feature request. 

Thanks so much!

Message 13 of 13