x

Is there a way to export item list from square to Excel, etc?

Is there a way to export the item list from Square to Excel or some other format?  I'm trying to integrate Square with QuickBooks Online and make my items align.

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Note that if you have more than one location set up, then there is an extra step to find the Import/Export tool. After getting to your master list of items, click on any item and select a location under Inventory. Click Go. The Import/Export button is now on the top right hand side of the page. You can now import/export all the items for that location.

I just spoke to Square support and the rep said they know that's funky and time consuming and that they are working on it.

Additionally, he said that you can then copy all of the items you put at one location into another and then delete (or add) location specific items, if you want. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Alumni

Yes, you certainly can. Just go to your Item Library, and click Import / Export to find the option. Then you'll be all set.

Message 2 of 31

Best Answer

Note that if you have more than one location set up, then there is an extra step to find the Import/Export tool. After getting to your master list of items, click on any item and select a location under Inventory. Click Go. The Import/Export button is now on the top right hand side of the page. You can now import/export all the items for that location.

I just spoke to Square support and the rep said they know that's funky and time consuming and that they are working on it.

Additionally, he said that you can then copy all of the items you put at one location into another and then delete (or add) location specific items, if you want. 

Message 3 of 31

cmonster, Thank you much for the additional information!

Message 4 of 31

George, What fields have to match with Square and Quickbooks online? Thank you in advance.

Message 5 of 31
Square

@Lorraine @trianglefrenzy It is probably best to sync with Quickbooks on this one. You can reach them directly by calling 1-800-871-3334.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 31

I've tested this out a few times and the lookup field is the Name and not the SKU.  It seems odd - but that's how it works.  Beware -

We imported our Square items in Quickbooks.  When you update bills or purchase orders the same naming convention must be used for existing and especially new products in order for SALES and COGS to be accurate.  Again the SKU is not used so the names must be exact!

Quickbooks does not have a good product margin report.  Additionally, the products/services list does not update the costs from PO's.  Quickbooks needs some help in this area.  As mentioned in other posts - Square does not provide costs.  So both need to update the functionality to improve user experience.  (:-)

Message 7 of 31

I don't have an IMPORT/EXPORT button on my Item Screen.

Do I need to turn something on?

Message 8 of 31
Square Community Moderator

@soulard2 If you’re using multiple locations style account, navigate to the location specific library you’d like to modify. To do so, click an item in your library>click *Select a Location* under *Inventory* > *Go*.

You should be able to see the Import/Export button from there. 

Message 9 of 31

I'm curious how this worked for you after transferring to QB Online?  I am having problems with products failing to sync in Square and QB and no one can tell me about the look up field.  Is it looking for the name or the SKU.  The unmatched items are thus not being removed in inventory counts.

Message 10 of 31

Where is the import/export button, my screen when I go to item library. I only have a CREATE ITEM button.

Message 11 of 31
Square

@carolyn - Before you see the Import/Export button, you have to navigate to a location specific dashboard (even if you only have one location). Here's a screenshot:

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 12 of 31

We have numerous locations. How can export items from just one location?

Message 13 of 31
Admin

Hi @Miz2 👋 Thanks for your question! 

We moved your post to this thread. Although it's an older thread, @EJ_ 's answer is accurate! The only thing that will look different on your Dashboard is that there isn't a "GO" button to click after you select which location you'd like to export your items from.

After you select the correct location, you'll click on the Actions drop down and select Export Library. The corresponding location's items will export for you!

Hope this helps!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 14 of 31

I have the screen showing me items from just the one location but when I export it is still everything.  Can I have a code to talk to someone about this?

Message 15 of 31
Super Seller Alumni

Here you go:

You'll need your customer code to call.  Follow the instructions below on how to get it.

Go to Square's support page.

Click “More”

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1  855  700  6000

Judy T Shumway
Message 16 of 31

How do I print an inventory of my products

Message 17 of 31
Alumni

Hey @Trojan - glad to hear from you!

You can do this straight from your Dashboard. I've merged your question to this thread to learn how to do this. Check out George's response! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 31

I need to transfer my retail items in my square account on my iPhone to the shop square account selling my items 

Message 19 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hey there! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

I have merged your post with another thread that I believe will answer your question. If you are transferring items from one account to another you will need to export your item library and import it into your new account. This will not sync your library forever though so if you are wanting more seamless integration between locations or business' then I will strongly encourage you to create multiple locations on your account instead of having multiple Square accounts. Separate locations can talk to each other more fluidly, separate accounts cannot. 

Check out Nika's response here within this thread and let me know if you have any follow up questions!!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 31

In an attempt to import my catalog to Facebook, I am trying to export my catalog out of Square. Can you help?

Message 21 of 31