x

Is there a way to import existing appointments from another scheduling software?

I was able to sync my contacts into Square Appointments, but is there any way to sync appointments?  I'm currently using a different scheduling software and would like to move over to Square without manually adding all my future appointments.

Thanks!

d

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question. Though we don't have a way to directly import your existing appointments, you can sync your google calendar with your Square Appointments calendar to make sure you have all of your appointments in on place! 

To sync your Appointments Calendar with your Google Calendar:

- Go to Business Settings in your Square Appointments account.
- Under Calendar Integration, click Synchronize New Calendar.
- Select Google Calendar > click Next.
- Click Connect to Google Calendar to authorize the sync.
- Choose one of the following options:
Import: Import your Google Calendar to your Square Appointments Calendar
Export: Export your Square Appointments Calendar to your Google Calendar
Both: Import your Google Calendar and export your Square Appointments Calendar
- Click Next.
- Set your Import and Export Settings:
For Import: Select which Google Calendar to import into the selected Square Appointments' Calendar. 
For Export: Select the Square Appointments Staff's Calendar to export to your Google Calendar.

You may need to log in to your Google account to give Square Appointments permission to access your calendar. It can take up to 30 minutes for your calendars to sync. Only future appointments are synced. Click Refresh to force a sync of that calendar. 

Please note,  you're only able to edit or delete events from the calendar where you originally created the event. This means that while calendar events can be imported into your Square Appointments calendar from Google Calendar, they can only be edited within Google Calendar if that is where they were created. 

Hope that helps answer your question!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Best Answer

Great question. Though we don't have a way to directly import your existing appointments, you can sync your google calendar with your Square Appointments calendar to make sure you have all of your appointments in on place! 

To sync your Appointments Calendar with your Google Calendar:

- Go to Business Settings in your Square Appointments account.
- Under Calendar Integration, click Synchronize New Calendar.
- Select Google Calendar > click Next.
- Click Connect to Google Calendar to authorize the sync.
- Choose one of the following options:
Import: Import your Google Calendar to your Square Appointments Calendar
Export: Export your Square Appointments Calendar to your Google Calendar
Both: Import your Google Calendar and export your Square Appointments Calendar
- Click Next.
- Set your Import and Export Settings:
For Import: Select which Google Calendar to import into the selected Square Appointments' Calendar. 
For Export: Select the Square Appointments Staff's Calendar to export to your Google Calendar.

You may need to log in to your Google account to give Square Appointments permission to access your calendar. It can take up to 30 minutes for your calendars to sync. Only future appointments are synced. Click Refresh to force a sync of that calendar. 

Please note,  you're only able to edit or delete events from the calendar where you originally created the event. This means that while calendar events can be imported into your Square Appointments calendar from Google Calendar, they can only be edited within Google Calendar if that is where they were created. 

Hope that helps answer your question!

Message 2 of 6

This comment was created from merging the thread "Appointments App for Android: Can I merge a calander with another one?"

Now that square appointments is available for android.  Is there a way to merge with another calendar?  So i can import all my current appointments...or do i have to do it one by one?

Message 3 of 6

Hello @Jrich113

I went ahead and merged your thread, since this question has been asked before. This helps keep the Community organized and easy to search. 🙂

Currently Square Appointments does not have the ability to bulk import appointments from another calendar or scheduling system. 

I recommend checking out the best answer above for some possible work arounds. 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out! 

Message 4 of 6

I am transitioning from Thryv (I used this for appointment bookings) exclusively to Square for all operations, including appointment bookings. Is there a way to import/transfer future appointments? TIA 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hey @GabrielSkin!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please take a look at the best answer in this thread, and this Support Center article. It offers a workaround for how to sync your current calendar with your Square Appointments calendar. 

Hope this helps! 🌸

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 6