x

Is there a way to mark an order as 'processing' or 'making your order?

Hello,

Is there any way to get a extra step on the order process for example

Processing or making your order?

I can only mark once complete but i'd somehow like to let customers know I am starting working on their order?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: processing

Message 1 of 7
Report Inappropriate Content
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @GingerLittleFox, thank you for your post! When you are managing orders online, you should be able to mark the order as In Progress. This will be reflected in the tracker and customers can see that their order is being prepared. 

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 10.42.30.png

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Tra. I mark orders as In Progress but you mention the Tracker. Could you explain what this is please. Thanks

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @tranguyen. I have a similar question but from a different take. Is there a way to Change the status an order from "in Progress" or "Ready" back to "Upcoming" Or "New". 

Orders are sometimes marked as in progress by mistake. One has been accidentally then changed to ready when trying to correct it

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hi @Gary55, thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the order status back once it has been marked as In Progress or Ready. I will definitely pass the suggestion to the Product for consideration. 

Tra
Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Rather than having a single status option to choose I think it would be better to have a pulldown menu of all the status options giving us the ability to select whichever one was appropriate.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @tonydow, when customer placed an order, they'll receive an SMS like so this.

Image from iOS (45).jpg

It will included a link where they will be able to check on the status of the order. Here's a test link (this order has since been completed). 

ink - 2020-10-23T115818.317.png

Tra
Message 7 of 7