x
Beta Member

Is there a way to organize items after you post them to your online store ?

Is there a way to organize items after you post them to your online store ? I understand the use of Categories. However, once you put items into that Category they appear in the order you posted them at best and sometimes it just seems to be random. so if i add more items they appear (sometimes) at the bottom of the list of images instead of being in any kind of order. when a customer visits my site they just see a disorganized mess in each category. i know you can reorder your categories is the any way at all to do this same process with individual items within those categories ?

Caveman Creations
Laser Engraving / Woodworking
Since 2016
Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You should just be able to click and drag them to move them around!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You should just be able to click and drag them to move them around!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Hmmm. So simple I missed it. Thanks! It works 🙂 

Caveman Creations
Laser Engraving / Woodworking
Since 2016
Message 3 of 11

I am having the same issue.  Trying to click & drag items to rearrange within a category and nothing happens.  😞

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AmyS

Were you within your Store Editor when trying to rearrange your items?

If so, you should be able to hover your cursor above the top left corner of the item tile which allows you to move and arrange them as you need. 

Was this not happening for you? 

Message 5 of 11

Correct - within the Store Editor & that is not happening.  I am hovering over the top left corner, where the 4way arrows are, & I am not able to move the item.  

Message 6 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@AmyS That does sound strange. I checked into this on my end and everything is up and running as normal. 

Have you tried clearing your cache and making sure your browser version is up to date? You can also try switching browsers all together to see if that helps. 

If that doesn't do the trick for you, it's best for you to give our CS Team a call directly so they can walk through your site editor with you. 

Message 7 of 11

Today I am able to click & drag the items, but there is a long delay from the time I click until it starts moving.  So, I will clear my cache & see if that helps speed things up.  

Message 8 of 11

I am having the same problem, too. I need clearer step by step instructions for where to access this option. When I am in the online store and click on item library, I do not see any options for moving my items. Also, the way they are displayed in that list is different than how they are displayed in my online store.

Message 9 of 11

I know if you have over 100 items on your site you can no longer arrange them in a specific order which sucks. I got a message that popped up saying it.  You should still be able to arrange your items the way you want them to appear in your site. Does anyone know a work around? 

Message 10 of 11

Since it sounds like you want to customize the order of your inventory more you may want to consider creating a more customized branding ordering app with Orda. This tutorial may be helpful on how to change the order of your items!

Orda Success Team
https://www.getorda.com
Message 11 of 11