x

Is there a way to prevent double booking of a treatment room or specific service?

I have three treatment rooms total, but only one of those treatment rooms is used for a specific service and have two therapists who use it. When one has an appointment booked in that service specific room, is there a way to prevent online booking of that specific service without having to manually block out the other therapist from that time slot? I'd rather not have to block them out. It makes it so they cannot book anything when they are perfectly available to book any of the other services that we offer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Resources have limited availability, @TwoBirds. If a service requires a staff member and a room, but the room is in use by another staff member, then the service cannot be provided and the appointment cannot be booked by the customer, even if a staff member is available.

I hope this helped provide some clarity around how this feature functions - let us know if you have lingering questions.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Best Answer

Resources have limited availability, @TwoBirds. If a service requires a staff member and a room, but the room is in use by another staff member, then the service cannot be provided and the appointment cannot be booked by the customer, even if a staff member is available.

I hope this helped provide some clarity around how this feature functions - let us know if you have lingering questions.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Thank you. I hadn't been privy to the Resources section before, so thank you! This makes my life much easier.

Message 3 of 9

Here is my issue. I have one treatment room that i have assigned to a resource with specific services, the room is shared by two providers. One is a full time esthetician that uses the room mon-fri and the other is a stylist who only uses the room occasionally on tue/thu.  On the two days that the stylist uses the room for an appt, it still comes up available online so it can be double booked by another client with the esthetician. 

I have added specific services only to the resource room and assigned the services that are provided in the room to the resource and assigned the only two providers to the room. 

What did i do wrong?

Message 4 of 9

I also notice that when the room is booked for a service, just the service won't show up online, but the rest of the services that are dedicated to the room do. 

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @julietpae,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble here! Can you share a link to your booking site, and the services, and treatments? I'd love to take a closer look into troubleshooting this with your site in front of me. 

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @julietpae stepping in for @Arie while she is out. Multiple Staff Services is a feature request. At this time how you currently doing it would be the only workaround. I understand this is frustrating and hopefully, we can have a solution for this down the road. I encourage you to submit your request on our ideate board. If you need anything else let me know.

Message 7 of 9

Message 8 of 9

Message 9 of 9