x

Is there a way to remove the Green Setup Guide button?

Our company has been growing really fast after we opened our first retail location. My team and myself use dashboard countless times a day from appointments to invoices, customer data etc. The green setup guide button is really starting to get on all our nerves. I have tried completing all the steps to no avail. 

Is there a way to disable the green setup guide button?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hey @WinchesterWick - Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, there's no way to get rid of the Set up guide button, but I understand redundancy of it - especially if you've already configured your account how you want it.

I'll be passing this request over to our Product Team for tracking. I'll give you a holler if anything changes! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

is there an update to this? i went to try out square retail to see if that would be better than what I have set up on square, which its better for me to keep my set up the same, but now since I decided not to go with square retail I have that pop up all the time and telling me to set up. It makes it hard to navigate the screen.

Message 3 of 7

Please tell me there is a way to get rid of the set up guide. It is annoying

Message 4 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @waywardsprings  and welcome to the Seller Community

If you have completed the setup guide and it still prompts you to complete it, you will want to reach out to our direct phone support so they can get this matter escalated for you.  You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Same issue here...I accidentally downloaded square retail instead of square pos, and now this setup guide keeps telling me I'm not done with setup, and the options it's requiring are options I can never clear. Even if we contacted customer support is there no way for it to be removed/cleared from the developer's end?

Message 6 of 7

Seems like a lot of issues have been reported to the Project Team with absolutely no results.  What do they do all day??  I'm regretting my decision on switching to Square.

Message 7 of 7