x
Square Champion

Is there a way to restrict Coupons to specific customers?

In Square Online, is there a way to restrict the use of Coupons to specific customers (individuals and/or groups)? 

Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @amjessey, thanks for your post! At the moment, it isn't possible to create an individualised coupon or automatically set them to one-time use only.

If you are looking to track coupon usage by particular customers, a workaround would be to create multiple coupons named after each customer and set the number available to one only. That way, customer can only use the coupon code once and if they try to use it again, they won't be able to until the number available has been increased.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 11.30.37.png

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

Hi @tranguyen 

Thank you for suggesting this. This is a viable workaround, at least for the time being, however, the option to restrict Coupons to specific customers would make our life easier as we would not have to check that the Coupon has not been used by someone other than whom it was intended for. This isn't a one off but something we intend to run indefinitely, therefore the time it takes to check every web order to make sure the customer is entitled to the coupon is going to add up. 

In our situation, we wish to give a group of customers 10% off specific products. Each customer in that group can use the Coupon as many time as he likes, so we can't make it one time use only as you suggest. We can, however, name each coupon after each customer, as you suggest. 

I would like to log this as a feature request. Please flag it with the product team and could you please relocate this to the appropriate board?

Thank you. 

Alex Jessey
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @amjessey, I just want to follow up on this thread and let you know our team recently rolled out the ability to Limit coupon per customer for all coupon types, which might help with what you are looking to do here. Let me know if it helps!

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 08.49.30.png

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

Hi @tranguyen 

Yes, that's great to see and will be very helpful. Thank you for letting me know.

Alex Jessey
Message 5 of 5