x
Beta Member

Is there a way to send a marketing e-mail to offer a coupon for their first online store order?

Hi! I just set up my online store in the last couple days and I was wondering if there was a way to start a marketing campaign to offer a coupon to customers for their first use of the online store?

Thanks,

Seth

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Welcome @Mochanutcoffee, and congratulations on setting up your online store! 🎉

You can create coupons and create an email campaign right from your online store dashboard. Once you click Online Store from your Square Dashboard, select Items from your left-hand sidebar menu, then Coupons. This is where you'll be able to create your coupon!

Your code can have unlimited uses available, or you can limit the number of uses per code. Coupon codes can be used more than once by the same customer, so long as there are additional codes available for use. If you'd like to limit each person's use of a coupon code to their first purchase only, you'll want to create a unique coupon code for each person. 

Once you've got your coupon(s) ready to go, select Marketing from your left-hand sidebar menu, then Email. If you scroll down on this page, you'll see some templates for email campaigns:

You can also create an email campaign from scratch by clicking the Send your first email link in the grey area above the template campaigns, or clicking the blue Create Email button in the top right-hand corner of this page.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about coupon codes or marketing them to your customers through your online store dashboard!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Hey Seth, 

Youd probably need to sign up for Square Marketing. Pricing is based on how many email addresses you have. The templates allow you to send a coupon via the email that integrates easily into your POS. 

Message 2 of 26
Alumni

Best Answer

Welcome @Mochanutcoffee, and congratulations on setting up your online store! 🎉

You can create coupons and create an email campaign right from your online store dashboard. Once you click Online Store from your Square Dashboard, select Items from your left-hand sidebar menu, then Coupons. This is where you'll be able to create your coupon!

Your code can have unlimited uses available, or you can limit the number of uses per code. Coupon codes can be used more than once by the same customer, so long as there are additional codes available for use. If you'd like to limit each person's use of a coupon code to their first purchase only, you'll want to create a unique coupon code for each person. 

Once you've got your coupon(s) ready to go, select Marketing from your left-hand sidebar menu, then Email. If you scroll down on this page, you'll see some templates for email campaigns:

You can also create an email campaign from scratch by clicking the Send your first email link in the grey area above the template campaigns, or clicking the blue Create Email button in the top right-hand corner of this page.

Please let us know if you have any other questions about coupon codes or marketing them to your customers through your online store dashboard!

Valentina
Message 3 of 26

I have a question about Dashboard Discounts.

I have created an Online Store to sell items through a free Weebly website.  I see that Discounts (which can automatically discount an item at checkout based on item number) are created in the Dashboard.  My question is: if I create a Discount in the Dashboard for items, will that Discount apply to (or sync with) items in my Online Store website?

Any help is greatly appreciated, much thanks!

Message 4 of 26
Alumni

Discounts can be created in your Square Dashboard and applied to payments processed through your Square Point of Sale app and with Square Invoices. To offer discounted prices to your customer through your Online Store, you'll want to create Coupons right within your Online Store editor.

I moved your post to this thread so you can take a peek at the Best Answer here, where I also linked to our Support Center article that outlines in detail how to create these codes - I hope this helps, @wdun453!

Valentina
Message 5 of 26

I have items that I am trying to discount in my online store.  I want to do it to only a specific Item(s) vs the whole store.  I thought I had set it up but when I try to test it online its not working. 

Example: I want to discount my Carmel sauce if someone purchases two or more.  Org price $10 but if they buy 2 or more I want 2 & 3 jars to be $7. 

How do I do that?

Message 6 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BFBYM and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that addresses the confusion between discounts/coupons on the Online Store.

You can create coupon codes for the Online Store but discounts that you create in Point of Sale don't carry over to the Online Store.

Check out @Valentina's Best Answer above for more details.

Ashley C
Message 7 of 26

Thanks Ashc

It helped to a certain point but didn't answer my question.  What I am seeing is that it discounts ALL the products and I ONLY want to discount it if they've purchased TWO or more.  Is that possible?

E

Message 8 of 26

@BFBYM Oh sorry- no that isn't a possibility at this time. 

Ashley C
Message 9 of 26
Beta Member

Just wondering if I setup a discount setup in square will it transfer to the online store? or do I need to do everything twice ? 
I know how to do the discounts in both just wondering if I am missing something...
I am trying to setup a sale for a certain category of products....
Save $100 if > $399
Save $50 if Great the $199
Save $25% uner $199

Ideas Thoughts.... I want to also do this in my online store but don't want multiple codes if I have to sue a coupon code.... Thoughts ??

Message 10 of 26

Hey @Travelingbags,

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over Coupon Codes vs Discount Codes.

Discount codes created in Point of Sale won't transfer or be available in the Online Store. Just Coupon Codes!

Ashley C
Message 11 of 26
Beta Member

I have a marketing campaign for first time customers but they can't seem to use it on the online store which is where we're accepting 100% of our orders. Is this possible? My customer said there is no place to enter the number given.

Message 12 of 26

Hey @schemjo,

I moved your post to an existing thread on how to create coupon codes for your online store.

@Valentina detailed the steps in her best answer above.

There's not a way to add Marketing campaigns to the online store at this time but you can create these coupon codes. 

Ashley C
Message 13 of 26
Beta Member

If I follow those steps the customer will have 2 coupons to use? One from my existing Square marketing and the other from Square's online marketing?

Message 14 of 26
Alumni

Hey @schemjo

No, they'll have one promo code if you create it through the Online Store under Items > Coupons. 

Justin
Message 15 of 26

I’m going to create email coupon for online store. Can the customers apply the coupon when they check out?

Message 16 of 26
Alumni

Unfortunately email campaign codes cannot be applied to your Online Store. Another Seller asked a similar question. Learn how to create a coupon code for your Online Store. 

@Leekh1478

Justin
Message 17 of 26

I am very interested in a similar feature.

We only sell via the web store and don't ever use the POS.  Our customer interactions are 100% on line / email  or via phone call.

I would like to give customers an easy way to enter a code at checkout and get a discount.

I don't necessarily even need it to work through a link of any kind - just to be able to enter the code at check out.

It isn't 100% required, but it would be nice if the code had a time value - for instance good for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or similar.

I could also use this to align a sale to someone who helped get the sale, even if they are not employees and compensate them.

Using the weebly store.

Thanks

Message 18 of 26
Alumni

I think you'll find what you're looking for here in this thread, @WirlNet!

I've moved your post here so you can take a look at the Best Answer. Definitely let us know if this isn't quite what you were looking for, and we'll be happy to dig in with you.

Valentina
Message 19 of 26

Thank you.

So can I use this coupon approach to:

- Assign an individual coupon code discount to each customer?

- Easily track how many times the discount code has been used by each customer for purchases on the weebly web store?

In my case, it would be 20 - 30 codes at least at first.

Message 20 of 26

Welcome back, @WirlNet

You have the ability to add those unique discount codes for the customers, if you'd like. 

The best way to view them would be to see it under the Reports tab on your Dashboard- there is a report for Discounts. 

Make sure the customer is added to the transaction and the visit is logged under their profile in your Directory. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 21 of 26