x

Is there a way to set up invoices so it automatically assigns an invoice number to each transaction?

We do alot of transactions for the same amounts every day. Is there a way to set it up so that it automatically assigns an invoice number to each transaction?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Okay, found my answer but now I don't know how to delete my thread. Please disregard.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

Okay, found my answer but now I don't know how to delete my thread. Please disregard.

Message 2 of 14
Alumni

Glad you found the answer!

More info about Invoices here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5137-send-invoices-online-with-square

Message 3 of 14

Thank you!

Message 4 of 14

I didn't see anything about how to automate invoice numbers. Not automate reoccuring invoices themselves. Can you advise? 

G

Message 5 of 14
Square

Hi @Gregoryteamxiq, no action required on your part! Your Invoice numbers will be automatically generated each time you create one and will progressively increase by one each time, unless you enter a custom number. Is that what you're needing?

Message 6 of 14

It would be great if we could enter in a custom invoice and then it would advance from there. Not the most confidence inspiring when you send a customer an invoice and it's 000001 or when you send them two invoices with 000125 because you just made up the number and forgot the last one you used 😉

Message 7 of 14

Hey @izzyscages, actually if you choose a custom number it will automatically update in the series as well. So in your example the next invoice you send out will be 000126. It's always based off the number of the last invoice you created.

Also you can't send an invoice with the same ID number. The system will notify you that the ID number is already taken and it will force you to pick a different number.

Let me know if you have any questions! 😀

Message 8 of 14

Is there anyway to put your own invoice number manually on your reciepts...not invoice number generated from square, but ones from my accounting invoices...thanks

Message 9 of 14
Alumni

Hey @timbear80 - Would Chad's suggestion above to enter your own custom Invoice number when creating one not work for you? If not, do you mind sharing more details about what you're looking to do and we can help point you in the right direction? I want to make sure I'm understanding your needs correctly.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 10 of 14

I realize I'm posting on an old thread but I'm hoping some of y'all are still around! My issue is Square dashboard is telling me I've used a particular invoice ID previously when I actually haven't. There are no drafts with this number either. I've searched all over the dashboard and can't find anything with this particular ID number. I'd prefer not to have to skip a number, if possible, as it might be confusing down the road. Is there a way to fix this or do I just have to skip? Thanks!

Message 11 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @overhauldesigns! So glad that you let us know about this.

This is very interesting. I don't think I have ever seen something like what you are describing! I'm lacking in best guesses as to where that Invoice number may be hiding, but we will do our best to track it down.

Would you mind reaching out to our Support Team? This issue may take a little more digging on our part that we're not able to do here in the Community.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 14

Will do - thanks for responding!

Message 13 of 14

What's the answer? I would like an automated version too!

Message 14 of 14