x

How do I get my cash app on my phone to connect with my square account on my computer?

How do I get my cash app on my phone to connect with my square account on my computer?

I've had cash app on my iphone for a few weeks and have used it to send money.  I just set up my square account today but don't know how to get the two pieces to connect with each other.  I ineed receipts for the people I have sent money.  Trying to call their support number has been its own nightmare so can anyone help me with connecting the two pieces?  Thank you

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I get my cash app on my phone to connect with my square account on my computer?

Hi @Sybil63 - Currently, Cash App and Square Point of Sale don't integrate with one another and operate as completely separate apps. Cash App is geared more towards sending & receiving personal payments while Point of Sale is for accepting card payments for your business. While there is a business account available for Cash App, it is not meant to be as robust as Point of Sale is and doesn't include a reporting feature. Do you mind providing more information on how Cash App plays a part in your business and why you would need both apps instead of moving your business entirely over to Point of Sale?

In terms of receipts for your Cash App payments, you can find your Activity history within the app and it will list all of the payments you have sent. If you would like to get in touch with the Cash team to take a look at your account for you, you can get in touch with them via email. We're unable to offer support for Cash App here as outlined within our policy.

35 Comments
Alumni

@KDFM

Great idea! Not sure if it's on the Product Team's road map but I'm escalating your post so they see it. 

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll find you when there are future announcements to share. 

This should be easy doable and would make you people skip the card processing fee at all, it would be exactly like Venmo. Who don't you guys support this ?

Hello,

Is it possible to Pay on Square POS with Cash App balance (and even better, via NFC) ?

This would also let you skip the card processing fee at all, and it would be exactly like Venmo. It would be an integrated payment system completely parallel to the current card processors/banks. 

Alumni

CashApp cards are Visas, so customer can pay for their purchases with their Cash cards whether NFC or chip. You will still foot the processing fee though. 

I merged your post to a thread where you asked a similar question @sitting-within

Right - but can we pay with the Cash App balance directly ? So no using the Visa infrastructure at all.

Square Community Moderator

@sitting-within 

This is not possible no. 

Will it be possible ? This is a no-brainer. Square would get to keep the processing fees which now go to Visa / bank infrastructure.

Am I able to let people order online but let them pay through cash app and pay pal and things like det 

Admin

Welcome to Seller Community, @Jjas5041. It isn't possible to disable taking credit and debit cards, but you can turn on PayPal as a checkout option. Go to your checkout settings in Settings > Checkout of your Square Online overview page and connect to PayPal there. CashApp is not currently an option, but hopefully that changes in the future!

How can I  get my verified account back on cash app