x

Is there an option for inventory over a whole category?

Our business is a tiny pizza trailer, we sell out often and only have space for a small amount of stock.  So when we sell out of a specific category of a type of pizza I have to use my phone and adjust stock for each item in the category to show sold out.  Some categories have up to 7 items to mark "Sold Out", it takes a long and cumbersome time to do it all and hopefully not receive another order in the process.  For our business model it would be a lot easier if categories had stock versus the individual items.  Also a way to easily adjust on the register, it currently forces to go to the dashboard and takes forever to load.  I end up just using my phone, which is not great but a faster alternative.  Does anyone know a way around these two issues?  Is it possible to get an upgrade?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Pedrosospizza and welcome to the Seller Community

This really sounds very frustrating and I wish we had a way to bulk mark items as out of stock to better help with your process. While what you're needing is considered a Feature Request an alternative you could have (and this may or may not be useful) would be to condense items and use modifiers instead for your pizza varieties. This way you would be able to set out of stock more easily. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@Pedrosospizza ;

I have an idea if you have a wifi signal or network connection.

1) If you carry a laptop even a Chrome book with you, Download your Square Items.

2) Open the Square Catalog I believe its called, in a Spreadsheet (Excel, Google Sheets, or Libre Calc)

Sort the Categories Column ( do not for get to extend columns or the data will be messed up and only the Categories column gets sorted)

3)Go to the category column scroll down to (for example Toppings) and the change inventory to zero for all the toppings.

4) Then up load it back into Square. Choose Modify when uploading in Square.

This seems to be a lot of steps but depending how many Toppings you need to make 0 this could be faster than through the Register with all the different screens.  Also you can do steps 1 and 2 before leaving in the morning, then all you need to do is open the spreadsheet when you run out of an item and upload it to Square.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3