x
Beta Member

Is there any way to group items on a kitchen ticket? ie: Burgers, Chicken, Sides etc

I need to group items when they are printed to the kitchen. It slows service to have to "thumb" through an order to figure out what needs to be made.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

We are literally working on finishing up this exact feature right now for a big client who actually is a Fast Casual business with their food arranged in an assembly line - and wanted the order of the items to come out in the exact order of their assembly line. 

So yeah we can give this to ya - and we're an official Square Partner, so helping businesses is what we do.

On another note, I'm going to look ahead here and see that we'll need to work with you on how this works - because I'm sure you won't want to force everyone to order from your Mobile App (which we'll make for you, which is about to have this feature). So what you may want to do is turn off the auto-print feature in Square, so it has to be done manually. Then use our KDS Dashboard (iPad, Android or Website based) to print the order out (that's formatted how you need it).

DM me if you'd like to chat about the exact flow.

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Best Answer

We are literally working on finishing up this exact feature right now for a big client who actually is a Fast Casual business with their food arranged in an assembly line - and wanted the order of the items to come out in the exact order of their assembly line. 

So yeah we can give this to ya - and we're an official Square Partner, so helping businesses is what we do.

On another note, I'm going to look ahead here and see that we'll need to work with you on how this works - because I'm sure you won't want to force everyone to order from your Mobile App (which we'll make for you, which is about to have this feature). So what you may want to do is turn off the auto-print feature in Square, so it has to be done manually. Then use our KDS Dashboard (iPad, Android or Website based) to print the order out (that's formatted how you need it).

DM me if you'd like to chat about the exact flow.

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Has progress been made on this?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @smokestackroast

Have you looked into Predefined Tickets? Here is a support article with some more information. 

Please let me know if you were looking for something different. I am happy to circle back!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4