x

Is there any way to put expiry date on ecards

We run a pop up shop and are only open until Jan 2021. Is there any way to put an expiry date on ecards? Is it greyed out because you need to upgrade? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Lisaj, thank you for reaching out! By default, the value of the eGift Card will not expired. However, each business will have a different policy so you can specify the expiration date using the Additional Policy box. 

To do this:

1. Go to your Square Dashboard > Gift Cards > Settings

2. Under Redemption Policy, you should see Additional Policy. Enter how long the eGift Card is valid for here

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 16.25.21.png

3. Click Save.

The Additional Policy will be visible to customer when they purchased the eGift Card. Within the Settings, you can also specify the minimum and maximum amount customers can load their eGift Card as well.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Lisaj, thank you for reaching out! By default, the value of the eGift Card will not expired. However, each business will have a different policy so you can specify the expiration date using the Additional Policy box. 

To do this:

1. Go to your Square Dashboard > Gift Cards > Settings

2. Under Redemption Policy, you should see Additional Policy. Enter how long the eGift Card is valid for here

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 16.25.21.png

3. Click Save.

The Additional Policy will be visible to customer when they purchased the eGift Card. Within the Settings, you can also specify the minimum and maximum amount customers can load their eGift Card as well.

I hope this will help!

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Old thread I realise, however I am unable to edit the 'egift card policy' as in your example screenshot above, the 'value does not expire' field is dimmed/greyed out and I cannot change it?

I can type in the 'additional policy' field but how does that actually limit the use past say 6 months or 1 year

Thanks

D

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Lisaj, unfortunately there is no such option to limit the eGift card expiry date. This would be a feature request. I will make sure to pass this on to the Product team. 

Emma
Message 4 of 6

Again i realise I'm replying to an old thread. If we do as you suggest here by adding in an expiry date, how do we enforce this? Can we cancel the voucher after our own chosen time frame? 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @HH22 - thanks for your post! 

There isn't a specific way to cancel the egift card, but you can clear the balance so that it's no longer in use. 

You can do this directly from the Point of Sale app: 

From the Checkout screen, tap Gift Cards > Check Balance.

Enter the eGift Card Number and tap Next.

The balance will be displayed at the top.

Tapping Clear Balance will clear any remaining balance.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 6 of 6