x

Issues with the Square Reader and Samsung Galaxy Tab A?

I downloaded the app fine, but when I go to"tap" on some of the buttons and numbers I get no response from the tablet. It is only about 6 months old and has had minimal use. Is anyone else having this problem? Are there other devices that are known to work correctly? TIA

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there!

That does sound a bit strange. What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Here's a few tips that usually resolve app issues:

* Make sure that both your mobile device and the app are up-to-date.
* Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
* Force quit the the app on your device and then log back in.

Message 2 of 7

I also had problems connecting the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. Although the Bluetooth setting said it was paired with the Square reader it would not work. Just gave me a message saying reinstall Square POS app. I then shut down the tablet and rebooted and the reader worked. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Thanks for checking in, @davidmartin — glad to hear that rebooting your tablet worked!🙌🏻

If anything else comes up, please let us know.🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 7

I've been having same issues. It starts fine but midday won't connect. I think the reader or the app aren't designed to work together.  Seems to connect to my phone. But the tablet is what I want.

Message 5 of 7

My previous post was two years ago, I have no similar problems since. However, I switched to using IPads as the Square sofware seems to work much better with the Apple operating system. I did have a problem with a Square reader playing up. Square replaced this free of charge and all has worked fine since. We use the Square system in a small theatre bar with two IPads and two readers permanenty connected which have worked faultlessly for more than a year. You can pick up refurbished IPads at about half the retail cost.

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @Envieartistry

If you haven't already tried yet, here are some additional Troubleshooting Steps that should hopefully help everything run smoothly.

If you're still having trouble, you can always give our Customer Success Team a call. 

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 7