x

Item Photos are Cut Off

The photos for my items in my store are cut off on each side.  The photos are only 600 x 480.  I'm not sure how to fix this issues.  I have played around with resizing them but it isn't working.  Can anyone give me any advice on this.  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

HI, you need to change the image "shape" in a few places for the image to display correctly.

Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, upper left click Page: Home down arrow,

1) Shop All, select Item List, select Item Images, select proper Shape, Done

2) Page: Shop All down arrow, scroll down to Item Pages, select ANY one of the items listed, select Item Details, Image Gallery, select proper shape (to match shape previously selected), Done

3) Page: (whatever item you selected previously) down arrow, select Home, **if you have Featured Items on the Home page**, Content, Item Images, select proper shape (to match previously selected), Done

Once all these are set to "fit" images will appear correctly.

square image shape.png

2.3 image shape.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 8

Thank you.  This fixed the cut off ones but now my portrait photos are cut off.  Oh well.  I have fewer portrait photos then Landscape photos.  It will be easier for me to just change my portrait photos one by one then trying to change all of the others.  

Message 3 of 8

HI, can you please share a screenshot or link to one of the portrait ones? 

The steps above should have fixed all image circumstances your are experiencing.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 8

Sorry it took me so long to reply.  Got a little busy.  So originally I had the images set at 1:1 ratio and it was cutting off the landscape images on the sides.  So I changed the settings in all places as you instructed to 4:3 ratio and it fixed the landscape images perfectly.  But now the portrait images are cut off.  Here is an example like you asked.  

https://atouchofglassneb.square.site/product/simple-tour-t-shirt/117?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=fal...

Message 5 of 8

HI, yes, you can select an option other than 4:3, there are 5 different shapes you can review.  Select each one individually until one works for both landscape and portrait.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 5.27.02 PM.png

ex. my image was being cutting off

square image shape.png

ex. after finding one that will work for all my images

2.3 image shape.png

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 8

Did you ever get your image cut-off problem solved? I have the same problem. The thing is when I choose landscape or portrait selection from the item details- ALL the images change to the shape selected. Seems like you were having the same problem even after Goldnye helped you.

Nancy

www.vermontinwatercolor.com

vtartist
Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

At this time aspect ratio is global for all pictures @Tribler. This means you would need to pick your desired aspect ratio and make sure all pictures match this. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8