x

Item variations

I own a comic shop and I have the title of each comic listed then each issue as a variation item. How do i sell the "variations" online?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Game_Over!

You will be able to see those options whenever the item is selected. It would appear like a drop-down menu. An example would be if you have a blue shirt, you can add a variation of different sizes to select. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I want each variation of an item to be listable as a separate item Online.  Why is this not available?  Everything SQUARE designs assumes people sell widgets... multiple uniform items... which is not the case.  I'm having to create separate items, with separate SKU numbers for EVERY item that I put online.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! 

We sell minerals and crystals.  I purchase by Kg, so let's say I purchase a 10kg parcel for $100/kilo and there are let's say 20 items.  I first need to do a count of my items before I can even enter them into a purchase order.  That's the first issue.  ISSUE #1:  There should be a way to add a count AFTER an order comes in, allowing us to break the parcel up after we get it here and actually count what we recieved.  I shouldn't have to go adjust the PO. 

Now moving on.  Once I do adjust the PO and have an item count (we use average costing for inventory so each item is assigned a $50 cost).  These items will be sold online and directly.  I should be able to just create variations under the main item for items I want to sell online and items I want to sell in a different manner.  But to get my items online, I literally then have to go back, adjust inventory manually, make a note why (so the auditors don't freak), then create 5 separate items so that I can list them separately online.  BY DOING THIS I LOOSE ANY FORM OF ACTUAL INVENTORY TRACKING because now I have all these separate items that are actually one purchase and should be tracked as a single item (because they are all the same thing). (And no, having one image per item and having a drop down is NOT sufficient online).  When people are purchasing multi hundred dollar items, they want to see photos of each side and additional closeups.  YOU NEED TO FIX ONLINE SO THAT ANY ITEM OR ANY VARIATION OF AN ITEM CAN BE CHECKED AND ADDED AS A SEPARATE ITEM ON LINE SO THAT WE CAN HAVE CONSISTENT INVENTORY TRACKING AND NOT HAVE TO DO ALL THIS STUFF MANUALLY.  YOUR LACK OF FLEXIBILITY NEGATES THE BENEFIT OF WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SMOOTH CROSS CHANEL INVENTORY SYSTEM... WHICH IT IS NOT.

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I purchase inventory throuout the year.  When I purchase I don't know what I will sell online and what we will sell through other methods.  But the way your system works, I literally have to go back and adjust inventory FOR EVERY SINGLE ITEM I WANT TO ADD TO MY ONLINE SHOP.  I further then need to CREATE SINGLE NEW ITEMS (which are no longer tied together as a single product) for EVERY SINGLE ITEM I WANT TO PUT ONLINE. This is really NOT WORKING AT ALL.  

Message 4 of 4