x
Admin

Join your Square Local Community Today!

Earlier this year we launched Square Local - a way for you to connect with other people and business owners in your community online. I’m delighted to let you know that we’ve just upgraded these communities to Groups! Read on to learn how to join a group and how you can participate.

How do I join a group? 

1. Find your Group: Choose the group for your region or state (see the descriptions below) or join as many groups as you like. The more the merrier. 😊
  2. Sign in and click Join Group Hub
  3. (Optional but encouraged!) Read the welcome post and introduce yourself

How do I participate in a group?

1. To start a new conversation click Start Thread or click Reply to join a conversation. Use the ‘Like’ button to show your appreciation for another seller’s contribution. 💚
  2. Never miss a conversation: click Options > Subscribe to receive a notification each time a new post is published in the group.
  3. Ask questions about using Square, about issues affecting your community or state, share or ask for information about state guidelines/restrictions. Or share a business problem you faced recently and how you overcame it.

These new groups will allow you to see the other sellers that have joined from your region. When participating in any group please the Community Etiquette Guidelines in mind. Square Local Groups are open and moderated by the Community Team. 

Ready to join Square Local? Find your group:

🌉 Square Local San Francisco Bay Area

Join this group if you're located in San Francisco or the Bay Area.

🏄 Square Local Pacific

States in this region include: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington.

🌾Square Local Midwest

States in this region include: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin

🗽 Square Local New York

Join this group if you’re in New York City.

🌵Square Local Southwest

States in this region include: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.

🏔 Square Local Rocky Mountains

States in this region include: Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, Wyoming, and Utah.

🍂Square Local Northeast

States in this region include: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

☀️Square Local Southeast 

States in this region include: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Tennessee, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington D.C., West Virginia, and Virginia. 

If you have any questions about these groups or suggestions reply here to let us know.

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @CBeadle! There is a Canadian Seller Community though we haven't added any groups there, yet! In the meantime you start a thread in the Canadian General Discussions board to start a conversation relevant to Ontario sellers. (I'd suggest including 'Ontario' in the title to catch people's attention.)

Thanks for your patience while we work to add more groups!  

Helen

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Super Seller

Thanks @Helen !

I just joined mine and I'm super excited!

Pesso
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 20
Admin

Thank you! 🎉🚀

Helen
Message 3 of 20
Beta Member

Anything in Ohio

Message 4 of 20
Admin

👋@HWPZEBRAHERD You might be our first seller to join the Square Local groups from Ohio! You could check out Square Local Midwest and say Hello in our Welcome + Introduce Yourself post for that group. 

Helen
Message 5 of 20

Hi there -- I do not see a British Columbia group or even a Canadian group?

Message 6 of 20
Admin

You're right @SuzisSeconds - these groups are part of the US Seller Community. We haven't added any groups to the Canadian Seller Community  where I see you've already started a post. We'll certainly announce it if we create Square Local groups in Canada! Thanks for raising this! 

Helen
Message 7 of 20

Hi Helen! I’m in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and would love to join a group in my area or at least the same country? I’ve been using square soon after it was available in Canada. 2013 I believe. Thx

Message 8 of 20
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @CBeadle! There is a Canadian Seller Community though we haven't added any groups there, yet! In the meantime you start a thread in the Canadian General Discussions board to start a conversation relevant to Ontario sellers. (I'd suggest including 'Ontario' in the title to catch people's attention.)

Thanks for your patience while we work to add more groups!  

Helen

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 20

Hi Helen and thanks for the invitation. I just join the community and was wondering if there will a Massachusetts community in the near future? Thanks in advance. 

Message 10 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TDS!

It looks like Massachusetts is part of the Square Local Northeast mentioned above. 😊

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 20

Hi ashc and thanks for the reply. I did notice Massachusetts in a cluster of cities. Like New York and Californian, I'm looking forward to know and be able to connect to Massachusetts community directly. Thanks

Message 12 of 20
Admin

Hello and welcome @TDS! We may consider creating more groups in future but, for now, please feel free to ask any Massachusetts-specific questions or start any discussions for that area in the Northeast group. (You are welcome to join any group though!) Thanks for joining! 

Helen
Message 13 of 20

Thanks again Helen!

Message 14 of 20
Beta Member

It is nice that Square supports groups.  I believe it will be helpful! 

Message 15 of 20

is there a group in Virginia

Message 16 of 20
Admin

Hey @bettywhite743! If you are located in Virginia you could join the Southeast group. But you're welcome to join any other groups too!

Helen
Message 17 of 20

Hi, thanks 

https://www.buttinoni.it/
Buttinoni Wedding Photographer
Message 18 of 20

Any community in near Boise, Idaho?

Thank you in advance!

CraftyGrl21

Message 19 of 20
Square Community Moderator

That'll be the Rocky Mountains Community linked above. @CraftyGrl21

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 20