Earlier this year we launched Square Local - a way for you to connect with other people and business owners in your community online. I’m delighted to let you know that we’ve just upgraded these communities to Groups! Read on to learn how to join a group and how you can participate.
How do I join a group?
- Find your Group: Choose the group for your region or state (see the descriptions below) or join as many groups as you like. The more the merrier. 😊
- Sign in and click Join Group Hub.
- (Optional but encouraged!) Read the welcome post and introduce yourself!
How do I participate in a group?
- To start a new conversation click Start Thread or click Reply to join a conversation. Use the ‘Like’ button to show your appreciation for another seller’s contribution. 💚
- Never miss a conversation: click Options > Subscribe to receive a notification each time a new post is published in the group.
- Ask questions about using Square, about issues affecting your community or state, share or ask for information about state guidelines/restrictions. Or share a business problem you faced recently and how you overcame it.
These new groups will allow you to see the other sellers that have joined from your region. When participating in any group please the Community Etiquette Guidelines in mind. Square Local Groups are open and moderated by the Community Team.
Ready to join Square Local? Find your group:
Join this group if you're located in San Francisco or the Bay Area.
States in this region include: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington.
States in this region include: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
Join this group if you’re in New York City.
States in this region include: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
States in this region include: Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, Wyoming, and Utah.
States in this region include: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
States in this region include: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Tennessee, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington D.C., West Virginia, and Virginia.
If you have any questions about these groups or suggestions reply here to let us know.
You're right @SuzisSeconds - these groups are part of the US Seller Community. We haven't added any groups to the Canadian Seller Community where I see you've already started a post. We'll certainly announce it if we create Square Local groups in Canada! Thanks for raising this!
It looks like Massachusetts is part of the Square Local Northeast mentioned above. 😊
Hi ashc and thanks for the reply. I did notice Massachusetts in a cluster of cities. Like New York and Californian, I'm looking forward to know and be able to connect to Massachusetts community directly. Thanks
Hello and welcome @TDS! We may consider creating more groups in future but, for now, please feel free to ask any Massachusetts-specific questions or start any discussions for that area in the Northeast group. (You are welcome to join any group though!) Thanks for joining!