x

Just the usb cord part from the Replacement Toolkit (Accessory hub) for Square Register

square part needed.pngSo we have the square register with the terminal for customers to sign, but the cord is often getting worn out and breaking. It is only the Accessory hub that plugs in to the register. We have to buy a Replacement Toolkit for Square Register at $99.00 each time it breaks. We end up throwing out most of the other stuff, so it is a total waste. Is there any way to just get this part, or a work around?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Saloonsean - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Square warrants your Square Register and accessories against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of two years from the shipping date. This limited warranty does not apply to Square Hardware that has been subject to alteration, repair, tampering, accident, abuse, misuse, fire, acts of god, or other external causes. So in this case, the hub for your Square Register would not be covered by warranty.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Saloonsean,

Thanks for writing back in to the Seller Community, and for sharing this feedback. I can appreciate how annoying it is to have to purchase the whole kit, when you only need one part. Can you tell us a bit more about your set up, and the wear and tear, or damage to the cable you're experiencing so we can pass this onto our product team? Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Message 2 of 8

Employees move the pos system 4-5 times daily. The cord just does not like it. The cord on the inside just breaks, makeing the system not recharge, etc. We dont mind buying a new one, just not the entire kit. Employees do not listen if we told them over and over not to move it around. Trust me, if I could I would let them go, but it is a ongoing problem with all staff that uses the pos system

Message 3 of 8

Best Answer

Hi @Saloonsean - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Square warrants your Square Register and accessories against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of two years from the shipping date. This limited warranty does not apply to Square Hardware that has been subject to alteration, repair, tampering, accident, abuse, misuse, fire, acts of god, or other external causes. So in this case, the hub for your Square Register would not be covered by warranty.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

I have a total of 6 Square Registers across 3 locations and I am in need for two of these hub accessory pieces as depicted in the image below---the cord has become frayed at the end where it plugs into the actual register screen causing the screen to freeze mid order etc.  I am very frustrated that I have to spend $200 to get 2 kits in order to achieve this.  This makes no sense- I can easily purchase the replacement cord for the customer display screen at $6 each but not this hub.  

Message 5 of 8

Yes very frustrating. We go thru at least 1 a year, waste of money and goes in landfill-

Message 6 of 8

Agreed! This has been an ongoing source of frustration for us for quite some time now. In fact, this was one of the reasons I switched to the Aloha POS. But I ultimately came back to Square because I didn't like Aloha. And now my staff tells me I need to order yet another toolkit because the cord is frayed at the end that plugs into the register screen. Again.

Message 7 of 8

This is super frustrating. We also have to move our register. I just bought a tool kit 1 month ago and this cord already broke. We're being super gentle when disconnecting. I just called and asked to be sent a replacement of just this cord. Makes me want to move processors. I can't afford to buy a $99 tool kit every time I need a small cord. 

Message 8 of 8